After Midnight

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
I travel to town for a poker game every Friday and leave between 2 and 6 in the AM Saturday.

Question: Am I a target cycling from Birmingham to Walsall at this time of day and if I am what are the odds of getting mugged, chased, picked on etc?

When I win I always leave the money on deposit at the card room and collect it the day after.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
It's a gamble.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't think you are particularly, even the crooks sleep. The younger ones who commit this kind of offence are normally fast asleep in the early hours of the mornings and tend to be notoriously difficult to get out of bed. Here in London there have been reported attacks on cyclists for theft and other reasons, but I've never heard of one in the early hours. They've often been during busy periods when it's easy for the offenders to disappear into the crowds afterwards.

Reactions: bigclick

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
More risk from drunk drivers I should think. I used to drive in the early hours in London regularly for my work at one time and I would see drunks driving erratically quite often. I once came upon a Mini going the wrong way on the flyover at Staples Corner on the North Circular in the outside lane which he clearly thought was the nearside lane of the opposite direction.

Reactions: bigclick

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Stud tyres might make you less of a draw.

OddCat64

Just Joined
Nov 1, 2014
I have never done Birmingham to Walsal after midnight but, I often do Bedworth to Coventry. I think its probably the safest time to travel. I did get a bottle thrown out of a car at me one Saturday night. Fortunately plastic.

Advertisers