Brompton/Pendix conversion by Kinetics

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
I liked it a lot,at first - torque sensor,I gather, simplicity,fits any frame(even an old mezzo). But kinetics charge £1745 (that's much more than pendix's 1300 euro), and it's a 300w/h battery. You could buy a decent torque sensored cranked drive bike whole for that
Apologies for half hijacking a thread,but do anyone know of an affordable torque sensored crank drive kit? I have a well used but we'll loved old mezzo folder upgraded to Nexus 8 speed hub gear and had a fantasy of putting a very simple torque sensored crank drive on with minimal wiring so I could still get exercise but also do twenty hilly miles in an hour without breaking into a sweat. Many thanks,any advice appreciated

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tongsheng TSDZ2 seems to be the only after market TS kit available.

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Tongsheng TSDZ2 seems to be the only after market TS kit available.
Reviews are good and a 500w kit from Tongsheng on alien press is (postage free to UK) without battery £240 all in. Does anyone know of a suitable battery? Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to give more details on which version you plan to get.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On alien press is it a different version or may be just out of this world :rolleyes:.

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
You need to give more details on which version you plan to get.
Would it be rash to order it and simply connect two 5ah 6S lipo packs as used in rc (a guy on a review did this) with low voltage alarms? This could make for a £350 diy pedelec kit with torque sensor (if aliexpress actually sends it and the lipos don't blow up)