Can i buy a 48v 20 aH BMC hub prebuilt bike from anywhere in the UK

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
I have been looking for a BMC hub bike thats prebuilt with a 48V 20 aH battery (or larger) for a while and it seems that nobody in the UK offers such a bike the closest i can find is from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-BMC-eBike-Conversion-KIT-10Ah-Lipo-3000W-Cycle-Analyst-V3DPS-40mph-/131235075742?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1e8e38569e

He had one prebuilt last week for £1895 with a 10 aH battery to get the 20 aH i want the other battery would cost another £395 which seems expensive when i have seen 20 aH ones for £400 or so is it so expensive because it is 150 amp dischage (the others i have seen are 30-60 amp).
I have looked at Franks (Xipi) bikes but they seem to be direct drive and i dont want that.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you could find a ready-made bike with a BMC motor and a 20aH 48v battery, I'd expect a price tag of well over £2000. I. can't say that I've ever seen anything like that other than the odd home-built one.

Why BMC? There's MAC motors, Bafang BPM and CST. Xofo, MXUS and Ezee all based on the BMC. IMHO the best one is the Bafang CST.

How much power do you want to put through it? How fast do you want to go.

A word of warning: A 20aH 48v battery is very heavy. Do not get a bike with a battery like that behind the seat. It won't be pleasant to ride. Trust me.

C

Cyclezee

We can supply any eZee bike with a 48v 15Ah battery or 36v up to 28Ah.

D

Deleted member 4366

And even worse to handle when you are off it.
Good point, well presented.

Yes, they turn upside-down when you try and get them out of the shed or out of the bike rack at the town centre, which is quite embarrassing. People won't understand what I'm talking about unless they've tried one.

Reactions: jackhandy

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Zackly - When I first got my Ezee rack-mounted, rear-wheel kit I upended into the ditch a couple of times when dismounting: No street-cred there :confused:

Soon learnt to keep pressure on the bars so the front wheel didn't lift.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I carry the spare battery on the Rose in the bottom of the pannier, but the ruddy bike will still want to tip if I'm not careful.

Carrying 20ah+ of power is a problem for which I've yet to see a good solution.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Easy, even with 37 volt 34 Ah total (2 x 10Ah, 1 x 14 Ah).

Battery in use at rear of seat tube (eZee bike), and a battery in each large deep pannier, so low down on each side.

Stable, on or off the bike, very long range, yet looking perfectly normal.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I carry the spare battery on the Rose in the bottom of the pannier, but the ruddy bike will still want to tip if I'm not careful.

On my chopper bike I had 18kg of SLA's attached to the bottom of the frame, they were 2" off the ground and the length of the bike, handled like a dream :)
It is the only bike that I was happy with that much battery weight on.
So all you need is a really long low custom built frame and a long custom built battery :)

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
D8veh,
I looked at th Mac motors and found that they were a copy of the BMC and were less hard wearing i would rather get the best for my money and pay a bit extra, i want to go 25mph at the most but want and need torque for the hills and the BMC torque version sounds perfect as regards power i dont really know but i want enough to pull me up hills without been passed by pedestrians lol

John,
I have spoke to you before about an Ezee bike before your holidays and i got a price for a 48v 15 aH battery from W W Ching as you dont stock them or the 25 amp controller the price for the battery would be around £750 delivered ($1000 for batt and charger) which seems high for only 15 aH battery.

Sacko,
I have spoke to the guys at custom ebikes a few weeks ago and he promised me some prices and pictures by email after the phone call but he never sent them also i dont want a mid drive motor (im too lazy)

Is this battery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-10Ah-Lithium-Polymer-Battery-Pack-Suit-Oset-20-or-Ebike-W-150A-Discharge-BMS-/131243234792?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1e8eb4d5e8

worth it ?

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Yeah i know im asking if its worth the money the guy who sells them can make any size pack so it would be about double that price the other batteries i have seen @ 20 aH only do 30-60 amps his do 150 amps.

C

Cyclezee

D8veh,
I looked at th Mac motors and found that they were a copy of the BMC and were less hard wearing i would rather get the best for my money and pay a bit extra, i want to go 25mph at the most but want and need torque for the hills and the BMC torque version sounds perfect as regards power i dont really know but i want enough to pull me up hills without been passed by pedestrians lol

John,
I have spoke to you before about an Ezee bike before your holidays and i got a price for a 48v 15 aH battery from W W Ching as you dont stock them or the 25 amp controller the price for the battery would be around £750 delivered ($1000 for batt and charger) which seems high for only 15 aH battery.

Sacko,
I have spoke to the guys at custom ebikes a few weeks ago and he promised me some prices and pictures by email after the phone call but he never sent them also i dont want a mid drive motor (im too lazy)

Is this battery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/48V-10Ah-Lithium-Polymer-Battery-Pack-Suit-Oset-20-or-Ebike-W-150A-Discharge-BMS-/131243234792?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1e8eb4d5e8

worth it ?
Hi Deus,

WW quoted that price because they don't sell direct to individual customers and it is a lot of hassle for them to ship just one battery and charger plus the airfreight.

Also they don't have 25amp controllers only 20amp.

ebikes.ca have 25amp eZee kit controllers listed, but I think you will find that they are in actual fact also 20amp unless they are old stock.

Just to clarify, the 48v 15Ah battery is the VP type for eZee bikes not the FP for conversion kits, but if you wanted the VP type we could supply one in 2 to 3 weeks for £550 and the charger for £80 including delivery, import duty and VAT.

C

Cyclezee

Zackly - When I first got my Ezee rack-mounted, rear-wheel kit I upended into the ditch a couple of times when dismounting: No street-cred there :confused:

Soon learnt to keep pressure on the bars so the front wheel didn't lift.
Doesn't happen with the front motor kits which are my personal preference, no wheelies, better weight distribution and 2WD.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Doesn't happen with the front motor kits which are my personal preference, no wheelies, better weight distribution and 2WD.
I wish I could have got you all out on the Clay Trails during the Eden event last year...

One blast up through the Alpine Curves & you'd know why I don't like gutsy front wheel drive :)

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Carrying 20Ah of power is the least of my worries - have not had any problems with that side of it on the self-build ;) .. it's what winds up on the back on the seaside outings which posed the real challenge !

Budgie1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2014
I have been looking for a BMC hub bike thats prebuilt with a 48V 20 aH battery (or larger) for a while and it seems that nobody in the UK offers such a bike the closest i can find is from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-BMC-eBike-Conversion-KIT-10Ah-Lipo-3000W-Cycle-Analyst-V3DPS-40mph-/131235075742?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1e8e38569e

He had one prebuilt last week for £1895 with a 10 aH battery to get the 20 aH i want the other battery would cost another £395 which seems expensive when i have seen 20 aH ones for £400 or so is it so expensive because it is 150 amp dischage (the others i have seen are 30-60 amp).
I have looked at Franks (Xipi) bikes but they seem to be direct drive and i dont want that.
In this ad it mentions that adjusting the computer makes it meet current legislation for the road. Am I correct assuming this is very different from the statement "adjusting the computer makes the bike legal"

I'm located on the same bit of land as the seller so could be interested.