Chinese controller - how to derestrict it?

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
My falcon (piece of rusty crap) has a chonese controller exactly like this one....

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/derestrict-falcon-spark.27729/

In mine, the white wire is also disconnected but the bike shuts off power to the motor, the power doesn't tail off.
What is this learning whit wire and what ate the other wires for.

Pics below.
The diagram is from ebay and matches until it getts to letter small c.

Can someone also please point me in the direction of what all the text on the controller means. I know all about electronics but not about speet set1. Or what tgey mean by brake level low

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
My falcon (piece of rusty crap) has a chonese controller exactly like this one....

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/derestrict-falcon-spark.27729/

In mine, the white wire is also disconnected but the bike shuts off power to the motor, the power doesn't tail off.
What is this learning whit wire and what ate the other wires for.

Pics below.
The diagram is from ebay and matches until it getts to letter small c.

Can someone also please point me in the direction of what all the text on the controller means. I know all about electronics but not about speet set1. Or what tgey mean by brake level low

Thanks.
If you attach a throttle these will happily chug along at the motors max speed

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
Yep, soneone said that to me already, thanks though.
I would love to know if there was another way. How does the controller know how fast wheel is travelling, is there a pulse wire or does it calculate the speed based on the hall sensor pulses in the motor?

Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What s the bikes current top speed ?

Not all controllers can be de-restricted, unless there is a linked cable to disconnect or potentiometer to adjust. Some allow access to extra speed via the lcd.

Low brake means that the wire carries 5v when not active, once brake is activated it reads 0v.

Speed set 1:1 means you have PAS.

Booster is throttle or three speed switch.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I would love to know if there was another way. How does the controller know how fast wheel is travelling, is there a pulse wire or does it calculate the speed based on the hall sensor pulses in the motor?

Thanks.
It calculates via the hall sensor/magnet passing in the hub if it has internal sensor.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Put the post in the Speed Pedelecs part of the site where you got the link from may help with your quest and make more sense

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB

Thanks.
I doubt it as it doesn't take an LCD to configure it. I think it's setup so for the US market where throttle and higher speed is allowed it will do it's full speed on a throttle, in the EU they just leave the throttle off as the pedal assist is restricted. If you want more options one of these should fit inside the enclosure and can be setup via the LCD: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250W-350W-eBike-LCD-Display-Panel-Electric-Bicycle-Scooter-Controller-Ebike-New/323541096132?var=&hash=item4b548d56c4

Last edited:

Advertisers