E-joring

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
With bike-jor, ski-jor and scooter-joring sports the dog(s) are attached to the bike by bungee lead and harness. They run and pull whatever they're attached to and the rider pedals or assists in propelling the vehicle forward. Everyone that does this sport will ultimately crash at some point. On a less competitive level it's called 'Urban mushing'. :)

I trained my dog to do urban mushing and we've been doing it for just over a year now. Being a 'big brain' shepherd dog that runs with me, rather than running off from me, he is able to 'free run' with me in safe country areas. I call this eJoring. I find it much more fun than simply walking the doggy and there's less crashing. :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Who needs an electric bike with a dog like that to do the work...gotta work on the left and right tho . lol
13 months, 3100 miles and only 2 minor spills. I've no complaints. People crash more often simply biking. :)

The other crash was on day one, on a lousy no brakes scooter, when he saw his first rabbit. This one hurt a bit due to the stinging nettles cushioning my fall. :p

D

Deleted member 4366

I had an ad hoc race in the town park with guy on a one dog powered bike. It was pretty even. Unfortunately, I had to fork off, so there was no winner. Doggy didn't seem to be getting tired.

Brilliant vid, Leigh. I guess you need to design a quick release mechanism. When I used to tow motorbikes, we used one turn of the rope around the middle of the handlebars. Any problem, and the guy could let go of the rope, then the tow would instantly be disengaged.

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
The Siberian Husky has a top speed of around 28mph, but the dog is like the Energizer Bunny and will keep going and going. Endurance is the name of the game for a Husky. A team of dogs can maintain an average speed of 10-11 mph and run for hours, covering around 150 miles in a day.. on snow! :eek:

My dog, a GSD (German Shepherd Dog), has hit 25 mph while towing the scooter and sprinting. Although he generally jogs at 12 mph (humans jog at around 6 mph), trotting speed for him is 15 mph. I don't need to say much to him, he'll just follow and keep up. :)

Generally we bike for 6 or 7 relaxed miles, with a swimming break on the way while I drink my flask.

That's why I like ejoring Dave. I only have to worry about my mistakes and not Muttley's. :mad:

DSC09648.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: argoose and Steve A

stephen Harvey

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2015
Been there done that (falling off) as I have a husky only rabbits can knock him of course but it's rare it's amazing fun and for us 10 miles is no real issue as long as you have plenty of water thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my dog cant even make it to the top of the road lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

he needs a dongle lol

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
At least when you say "Mush" the dog understands. In the UK that what he is running in... :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing
Mar 9, 2016
My Labrador used to pull me around Lady Bower fantastic....until a squirrel leapt in our path...he jumped over wall following it...me and bike didn't..( jump over wall that is)
Only time I felt like shooting the dog...
He just ran along beside me after that !!!
He was way over 250w limit !!! No gears, no charging..

Related Articles

Advertisers