Error "06 info" on lcd?

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
ugh i got my ebike 2 days now that i bought and now already problems? I saw that the battery indicator was going on a trip of 3km dropped from 4/5 full to 1/5 full. And when i arrived at location the bike wouldnt work anymore with throttle and pedal sensors. When throttling i hear the motor do a quick "bump" but it immediatly stops and doesnt go forward. As soon as i hit throttle the lcd temperature indicator changes in a weird moving icon and then it shows "06 info" on screen until i release throttle.

Any help?:/

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
06 is usually under voltage error code, you need to let us know which bike you have. More then likely your battery wasn't charged properly to check that give it a full charge and check the out put voltage with Digit volt meter.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you need to check the voltage at the output of your battery.
Charge it to full, then measure the voltage again and post the readings here.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
a pretty healthy 52,1 volts is the battery after a full charge.
http://i.imgur.com/wTaYzhe.jpg
forgot to check before. Unfortunatly the bike with this full battery still gives the same error.

This is the kit i got by the way: https://leilicn.en.alibaba.com/product/60060251423-800483740/26_rear_48v_1000w_Electric_bike_hub_motor_conversion_kit.html
A 48v battery should be just under 56v when new and fully charged. Much less than 55v and there's something wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that could be normal if you ride at 30mph, DD motors can consume a lot of battery. Check the voltage after you arrive and post distance and voltage here.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
that could be normal if you ride at 30mph, DD motors can consume a lot of battery. Check the voltage after you arrive and post distance and voltage here.
i cant do that anymore since the bike is not working anymore. pushing the throttle i feel and hear the motor giving a 0,2 second bump in power then immediatly stopping. holding the throttle down will make the LCD go into "06 - info" error and will stay there until releasd.
i did post the voltage earlier after fully charging the battery pack today- 52,1v.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
unplug the motor to see if the 06__info is still there. Your LCD looks like KT LCD3., 06__info means a short in the motor phase wires. Check the phase wires with an ohm meter.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
i never did that. do i remove the protection around the cables and use a multimeter to check this? holding the + and - probes on the same wire or...? and what results am i looking for?

EDIT: and how would those wires just short when it happens during bicycling? weird....

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Check the resistance between blue to green, green to yellow and yellow to blue. If they show the same resistance, your motor is still good.
Leave the motor unplugged, switch on the LCD. If the LCD still shows 06, you have blown a FET.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
im not able to measures the resistance between these cables. I tried but i get random numbers every time. i think there is something wrong with my multimeter. But since the motor still has contact (because when throttling the motors gives a "bump") i think the controller is a save bet to be the cause of this problem?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
im not able to measures the resistance between these cables. I tried but i get random numbers every time. i think there is something wrong with my multimeter. But since the motor still has contact (because when throttling the motors gives a "bump") i think the controller is a save bet to be the cause of this problem?
Test your meter like this:

Set it measure resistance (ohms), connect both probes together. Should be just above 0. Apart should be about infinity.

If you can't work out what setting, post a pic and we can help.

Then, as trex says, test all three pairs of combinations of the motor wires.

As I said before, battery voltage at 52v is a far too low for a fully charged battery.

borgqueenx

Pedelecer
May 22, 2016
netherlands
@Alan Quay do you understand then why those battery sellers state 54,6v as max charging voltage? And do you think that 52v might be the cause of the error?

I have just tried the multimeter and when connecting both probes and moving them over each other gives random numbers. When holding still it usually stays 0,00 but sometimes shows 0,01.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
set the range to minimum (200 or less). Does it beep when you measure the resistance? Let us know also if 06_info still comes up with the motor cable disconnected.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
@Alan Quay do you understand then why those battery sellers state 54,6v as max charging voltage? And do you think that 52v might be the cause of the error?

I have just tried the multimeter and when connecting both probes and moving them over each other gives random numbers. When holding still it usually stays 0,00 but sometimes shows 0,01.
Sorry, I had the numbers wrong earlier, but 52v is still low. It's a 13s battery (4.2 x 13=54.6).

52/13=4v/cell which is a bit low for a brand new battery, and probably means it's out of balance. It may balance up if you leave it on charge for a bit, but it also may have a fully cell, causing BMS to shut it off.

As Trex says, you need to measure those phase wires, as the indicated fault is short circuit.