Error code 25 and 30

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
Was out with my mate today and he had lots of error codes 25 and a few codes 30, had a look about and it may point to a break sensor, the bike is a kudos tornado
Can anyone give me some info on how to fix the problem.

Thanks
Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

IIRC it was something like you get the codes if you hold the brake when you switch on, so probably a cable binding or faulty brake switch if not a rider fault.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
image.jpg image.jpg My friend still got a fault with his bike, he unplugged the brake back at the controller but the bike will still not work, he said the big black pug is the one for the brake, is this right, it's the one at the top of the pic, and here is a pic of the controller

He just told me that the speedo don't work, if this help, and the bike will kind of surge

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
Thanks for the info, I will let him know, can you tell from this pic what plug is for the brake, thanksimage.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

That's just a tangled mess. No chance, but there's normally two brake connectors, so any two with the same colour and qty of wires (2 or 3 wires).

If it's a faulty cable or switch, unplugging will solve it.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Ok thanks for that I will let him know
What I do know is there is only one switch to the back brake so do you have any idea what colours the wire will be

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

It's not difficult to follow the wire from the brake to the controller. Or does it plug into a manifold near the handlebars?

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Well I just went and had a look for him and it makes no difference if I unplug the brake sensor or the throttle, what I get if I use the throttle is power to the motor for about one turn of the wheel then I get no power and it's the same when I pedal.
I have said it may me best if he gives kudos a bell, they may know what the fault is.
Thanks for all the info so far.

Steve

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Looks like it's a speed sensor fault, and I think the sensor is built into the wheel
If anyone has any info on this kind of sensor it may be a great help
Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

The sensor is a normal hall sensor in the hub. It's the same as the ones in the motor and shares the same 5v supply. It's triggered by a magnet in the hub. \the signal goes down the white wire to the controller.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
That's great thanks, I had a look on the internet and it looks like there are 3 of them is that right?
And I see that you can test them with a meter if you turn the wheel
Do you know what voltage I will get?
When I said it's built into the wheel, I meant to say the sensor is in the motor that's built into the wheel.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

There's one speed sensor. The problem is where you can get a meter on the white wire. If you have the moulded connectors on the motor cable, you have to open the controller, otherwise it's just a case of stuffing your probes up the back of the connector at the white and black wires. The voltage should be zero until the magnet passes the sensor, when it will jump to 5v. You have to rotate the wheel backwards for that to happen.

Advertisers