Front Mudhugger ( extra long )

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
so ive fitted my new Rockshox air forks (supper smooth) but there's no hole in the cross-brace to fit my SKS beaver tail mudguard.
I could come up with some sort of bracket but just maybe somebody knows of a decent length hugger style front mudguard, ( and I mean long, my beaver tail has a 6" extention on it ) lol

Just thinking ot loud here but has anyone tried grafting a full sus hugger onto front sus forks ?

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Nice find,
I'll see if I can find a decent picture at the right angle to see how much lower protection it gives ;)
Today a part of my 25 mile circuit was 200yards of unavoidable cow slurry, without any front guard it meant bike, clothes and shoes covered in it :eek: the bike gets the hose but I don't want to be washing clothing every wet ride.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh thats about the best ur going to get length wise tho at 50 quid its fkn expensive will do the job and looks shite lol.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
tbh thats about the best ur going to get length wise tho at 50 quid its fkn expensive will do the job and looks shite lol.
I quite like it for a front MTB number that isn't a mudhugger or a much less effective enduro style job (and way way cheaper)

But that price is silly and carbon fibre unnecessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Drill 4 small holes in the SKS, use a couple of tie wraps to mount it above/below the crossbrace
Thanks but that's mudguard mounting 101, I was looking for an alternative guard.

" I could come up with some sort of bracket but just maybe somebody knows of a decent length hugger style front mudguard"

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The SKS velo 65 mountain 29" mudguards provide good coverage on my front wheel. See review section on my Trek Powerfly7.

I'd imagine 27.5 would be just as good. Clearance my be issue if using large knobby tyres, factory tyre justed fitted in my case. You will need 40mm clamps sold separately or use Cateye light mounts, read review.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The SKS velo 65 mountain 29" mudguards provide good coverage on my front wheel.
As do my beaver tails and mounting isn't a problem as I can make brackets.

I was kinda hoping that instead of just making brackets for my beaver tails, I could not only to keep the worst off the muck off of me and the down tube (beaver tails do this) but also keep the muck away from the fork sliders and seals (like huggers do)

Thanks for the suggestion folks but so far it appears they are mutually exclusive, you can't have both.
Looks like I'm making brkts for my tails and I'll se if I can incorporate an extra bit to protect my fork seals.

Last edited:

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Unable to find what I want I came up with a crude but hopefully an effective solution.
Bendy plastic from a A4 folder and a few cable ties.

image.jpeg
Fits with one large and two small Velcro tiesimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: stumpy150 and awol

Advertisers