Guy Martins new TV programme

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Guy I find is great viewing well worth watching him in China,
didn't think much of the pig and human sh*t mix fermenting for the garden veg though but apparently provides good veg.
The e mb was good as it was a folding one as well, now shipped for return to uk.

Reactions: cardenal and 4bound
D

Deleted member 4366

Interesting programme featuring an electric motorbike with 40 mile range, top speed of 28mph and cost about £1200, was on channel 4 on Monday at 9pm.
You don't get 40 mile range and 28 mph, but they're still pretty good. This seller says that you get all the paperwork for registration, so presumably it's type approved for L1EB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-1-Sports-Folding-motorbike-45kmh-speed-Ideal-for-camping-Pit-Bike-BLUE-/302143087033?hash=item465921a1b9:g:oV0AAOSw0HVWBnqN

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
From the page:

"top speed 45kmh
travel distance on a charge 35km"
= 21 mile range

"Under frame storage bag" = place to put heaps of lipo to extend range, simples! :D

"these also have a carrier for your I phone so as you can play music through the speakers loacated either side of the bike"

Oh joy! At last I can drown out all that horrible bird song as I cruise through the woods...

D

Deleted member 4366

You're not getting it. You get 28 mph or 40 mile range, not both.

• Agree

cardenal

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2016
Scarborough, UK
Guy is great viewing. Very likeable lad, and always really interesting programs.
Didn't see the China one. Must try and dig it out.

Do you know the title of it?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Guy is great viewing. Very likeable lad, and always really interesting programs.
Didn't see the China one. Must try and dig it out.

Do you know the title of it?
The title is "Our Guy in China" and it's in 3 episodes, last one broadcast yesterday at 9pm on Channel 4.

All three episodes should be available on the 4OD player.

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Offttttt that's an average of 230 miles a day!!!!, I wish him well but don't think he'll manage it especially at this time of year, unless he's got plenty of batteries!!!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Offttttt that's an average of 230 miles a day!!!!, I wish him well but don't think he'll manage it especially at this time of year, unless he's got plenty of batteries!!!
Guy has the will and refuses to give in so he will give it a good go.
In the last ' Of our Guy in China ' he set a new world record by ridng the 300 mile desert road route on a clapped out fixie, he knocked something like 19hrs off the 46hr or so previous record.

Reactions: KeithMac

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Just watched the last episode and was very impressed with his record breaking run,looking forward to seeing him attempt the around Britain trip.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
With the elevation changes his 150 miles a day on the last venture was equivalent to 250 miles on the flat (and on a single speeder..).

The man is very fit (ooer!), and has tons of willpower.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Just watched the 1st episode. The escooter on there uses a 48v battery and has aprox 40mile range with no pedalling.
What do you reckon the battery amps and weight will be to get that?

cardenal

Nov 10, 2016
Scarborough, UK
Thanks a million mate. It is absolutely brilliant viewing. Great find!!
Guy is great to watch anyway, but when you combine it with his travels across China it's TV Gold.

Anyone got any other recommendations along this line of viewing??

cardenal

Nov 10, 2016
Scarborough, UK
Just seen in the news, he's injured himself and had to pull out of his world record attempt of cycling round Britain.
Sometimes you just have to listen to what the body is trying to tell you.
This lad needs a holiday. One without a bike.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers