Izip motor wanted please

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi all.
I'm looking for a motor for an Izip trailz ST. Ideally the original type 200w continuous rated one, but would consider anything.
All I really need is a working rotor/armature so I can put it in the original casing, but again, I will consider anything.
I will, of course, pay a fair price + postage, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Mark

PS, I live in Hull, so if anyone fairly local happened to have one that would be even better (wishful thinking :) ).Could travel (on my ebike ) up to, say, 20 miles.

Last edited:

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Thanks for your fast reply & a good link D8veh. As you say, that is a good price for what you get. However, lol, I am a tight git, & am not keen on spending much on this bike (understandably, I think).
Have found lots of similar items, & also various options to get it going for less, but hope to keep it looking stock, hence why I would like to put new guts in the original casing.
Incidentally, I fried the original motor @ 36v & 28A. Lasted about 2 miles :(
Regards, Mark

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
This motor came from a bike that was dumped in a skip that came into my workplace, l have used most of the bits on my many ebike builds all hub motors, this hasn't been tested by me as my batteries are all 48V and above, it's yours for postage cost, l will put the controler in as well if I can find it.

Reactions: mw1

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Update :
Received the motor & controller etc on Monday, bench tested it & all seemed fine :)
Finally got round to fitting it (just the motor so far ) & taking it round the block a few times, & it works a treat.
Can't thank you enough, Andy, for taking the time & trouble to reply & send it to me. You're an officer & a gentleman, sir :)

Kind regards, Mark

Reactions: flecc