KTM Arrived, first thoughts

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Hi, my KTM Macina Sport 10 GPS+ arrived today.

My first thoughts are wow, fantastic build quality, the components look so well engineered, lovely finish to the paint work etc and everything seems well thought through and integrated.
Mine has the new Nyon system, so I am a little annoyed I cannot use the full functionality until the iPhone App is released, but, I can live with that until it is I guess as throughout this winter I will just be getting used to the bike before increasing the ride distances. The unit does look wonderfully built like Martin has suggested in a previous post.
Not ridden it at all yet, so, I will add further reviews when I have chance to try it further.
Dave

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Hi Phill, just purchased the iPhone 6 plus, so, that is going to be with me for some years yet I am afraid, but thanks anyway..........

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
LOL,
I think the apple thing is.. You either go there or you don't, and once there the only option is to stay!!
I will be looking for your updates on the nyon system, its probably the only thing that will tease me into upgrading! That is if I can find anywhere that would take my Scott in PX....

Great to hear your positive first impressions. There have been loads of 2015 KTM eBikes shipped to our UK dealers over the past few weeks, and most of them appear to have already been sold to customers.

So all these bikes will be out being ridden around the UK now, hopefully helping spread the positive image of eBikes.

If you can post some pictures, its always good for us to see and hear how people are using their bikes and if you make any changes to the spec its also interesting to see that.

The eStreet P this year came about as a direct result of us seeing how many people fitted mudguards to the eCross P. So your feedback is important!

Cheers
Col.

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Hi Col, no problem, and thanks for your updates throughout the order process, really appreciated......it is sitting proudly in my home office at the mo which is where it will be stored also, so, I am lucky to have that facility!!

Reactions: EddiePJ

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
LOL,
I think the apple thing is.. You either go there or you don't, and once there the only option is to stay!!
I don't know - I had an iPhone then an iPhone 3G that stayed with me for a few years. Moved over to Android about 4 years ago and am very glad I did! :)

Michael

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Great to hear your positive first impressions. There have been loads of 2015 KTM eBikes shipped to our UK dealers over the past few weeks, and most of them appear to have already been sold to customers.

So all these bikes will be out being ridden around the UK now, hopefully helping spread the positive image of eBikes.

If you can post some pictures, its always good for us to see and hear how people are using their bikes and if you make any changes to the spec its also interesting to see that.

The eStreet P this year came about as a direct result of us seeing how many people fitted mudguards to the eCross P. So your feedback is important!

Cheers

Cheers
Col.
Still no sign of mine and the dealer has had £600.00 of my cash for over
Col.

Cheers
Col.
No sign of my KTM Macina Lycon GPS+ yet and the dealer has had $600.00 of my cash for over a month!!

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
So, its been out on its first trip today (not far, just configuring and familiarity)
Considering I purchased this bike without riding it, OR any other ebike, I am delighted and amazed at its ability. The motor is quiet, very supportive when required and the whole machine has the feel of a premium bike without doubt. I have started to get used to the Nyon system also and so far, I cannot fault it. There is another thread running at the moment specifically for Nyon, so, I will put my main thoughts about it on there, but needless to say, I am chuffed. Tomorrow I hope to take the bike further and give it a more thorough test, but, near to me is a stupidly steep hill and the bike just flew up it without fault, I have never done that on an ordinary bike. More to come when I have tested it further. Dave

Last edited:

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
I also bought this year a KTM E MTB (Macina Race 27,5") without riding it and love it very much. Enjoy Dave!

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks Triumph, I am sure that I am going to get along just fine after my initial test runs today on it!!!