Well I failed.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
After my post about 35 mph on the flat with the Typhoon, I decided to see if the Tourer could do better. I got to 31 mph and had to give up. My legs weren't going as fast as when on the Typhoon but I had the spare battery on the rack which makes it one heavy begger. I might try again if the wind drops and with no extra weight on the bike.

So far the Typhoon is winning but we'll see what the summer brings.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You're a glutton for punishment Jim!

Those are great speeds on the flat for an e-bike, I'm sure far better than the majority of members can achieve.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
You're a glutton for punishment Jim!

Those are great speeds on the flat for an e-bike, I'm sure far better than the majority of members can achieve.
Getting to those speeds isn't the problem, it's keeping them up that's the killer. On one flat stage on strava a guy at work boasted that his time was faster than mine, so I went out the next day and tried to beat his time. Beating his speed wasn't hard but the average for the whole length was less than his.

Now, I couldn't allow that, so I bought a non ebike which is a lot lighter then destroyed his time. Mind you, I had my car parked close by as there was no way I was cycling home up those hills with no hamsters to help. :)

The older I get the worse I get. Pretty soon though a heart attack will bring me to my senses. My death in service benefit from work is 6 times my annual salary. That might explain why my wife encourages me. ;)

Reactions: flecc