Whoosh Karoo quick Review

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
This is just a quick review with the experience I've had from Whoosh and their Bike. I have only completed 20 miles on it so I cannot yet comment on durability and other faults.

The bike:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?karoo

Purchase price of bike: £749 delivered.

Buying experience:

Positives:
- Very helpful and brilliant customer service from Whoosh bikes, hats off to Hatti and Tony and who advised me on bikes and purchasing process.

Negatives:
- Was advised next day delivery but was not received 2 days later, wasn't an issue as they email and explained they were short of staff and needed time check the bikes prior to shipping.

The bike:

Positives:
- Very good value for the specs, bike doesnt look cheap at all.
- Good brakes and good power from the motor.
- Nice matt black finish
- Arrived with very detail instructions on assembly and maintaince
- Very light weight it felt almost like a nomral bike without assistance
- Came 90% assembled. Only required to fit handle bars and the peddles.

Negatives:
- The saddle hurts my ass very much.

Summary
So far so good, very impressed with it at the moment. However I shall follow up with this review after 2 weeks use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
fit one of those NCX seat posts and you won't feel the road bumps:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
bike-discount.de sell them depending on the euro/£ exchange rate they were around the £40 mark with delivery.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I've tried both sorts and find the NCX is brilliant and a close second to rear suspension for most of the time. A very smooth action and worth the extra weight.
The other type, not the same make but similar to the one linked to, actually gave me a bad back.
Maybe it's just me but the up/down type also gave a friend a bad back as well.
Probably the much more expensive ones are OK.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you'd get a lot more out of a gel cover than a cheap sprung seat post.

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
I've tried both sorts and find the NCX is brilliant and a close second to rear suspension for most of the time. A very smooth action and worth the extra weight.
The other type, not the same make but similar to the one linked to, actually gave me a bad back.
Maybe it's just me but the up/down type also gave a friend a bad back as well.
Probably the much more expensive ones are OK.
alright thanks for the advise, i shall order one to prevent my ass from being destroyed by the saddle.

Reactions: D C

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
Update:
it has been 1 week since I started using the Karoo for my daily commute, and I must say I am impressed with the battery's range! I have thus far clocked up 127km (78.9 miles) using the pedal assist on its max level and it still have 2 out of 4 bars of battery left on its indicator. I will post another update later to see whats the max range I can get out of it.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
one thing I'd recommend is to keep those tyres well inflated - to 60 psi front and rear.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Update:
it has been 1 week since I started using the Karoo for my daily commute, and I must say I am impressed with the battery's range! I have thus far clocked up 127km (78.9 miles) using the pedal assist on its max level and it still have 2 out of 4 bars of battery left on its indicator. I will post another update later to see whats the max range I can get out of it.
Very impressive so far, what type of terrain are you riding flat , hills !!!.

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
Update:
Following last night's update I have concluded the Karoo's battery lasted 136km (84.5 miles) before the motor starts cutting out.
Pretty chuffed at the moment as this is more than their advertised range of 50-70 miles on flats.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Here is my route's elevation profile:

84.5 miles, thanks for that pretty impressive albeit on fairly flat terrain are you able to ride a hillier course with about 800 - 1000m of climbing to give an alternative range ? May be of use to riders who don't live in flat areas.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
84.5 miles, thanks for that pretty impressive albeit on fairly flat terrain are you able to ride a hillier course with about 800 - 1000m of climbing to give an alternative range ? May be of use to riders who don't live in flat areas.
Unfortunately I don't have a hillier route to my commute therefore I won't be able to quote you the range.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Are you by any chance a bantamweight?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
You must ride for the majority of time above the assist speed? and then I wonder if there's any point to having electrical assistance?

Reactions: flecc