bosch 500 mile service

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I see that Adrenaline state that if you don't have your Bosch bike serviced every 500 miles then your warranty is invalid. Is this official Bosch policy.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
No it's not Bosch's policy. After speaking with e-bike shop and a more local e-bike retailer in Kent, they both said there is nothing to service on the electric motor. I've have my bike serviced twice a year with all mechanical components stripped, check and replaced if necessary. The nearest I get to the motor is a good clean, lube crank area and occasionally check there's no play in bottom bracket / crank bearings.
I would say that my bike is well cared for, but I do go out all through winter in mud and grit, but ensure I clean and lube afterwards.
The motor either works or not.

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dealers cant service the motor as it will void the warranty thus 125 quid to plug it in and have a report is a total rip off.

id not buy any bike from them if thats how there doing things.

warranty is 2 years service or not and as for dongles id not even go there lol

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
dealers cant service the motor as it will void the warranty thus 125 quid to plug it in and have a report is a total rip off.

id not buy any bike from them if thats how there doing things.

warranty is 2 years service or not and as for dongles id not even go there lol
Hi sw , can you enlighten me as to where the two year warranty on the Bosch system is stated. When I first read the , OP here, I was naturally alarmed and I started to look at any documentation I had got with my new Raleigh Motus, I see a 5 year frame guarantee but cannot see any reference to the Bosch
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
What is the Bosch eBike System’s warranty period?
Bosch issues a guarantee for the entire eBike System to the bike manufacturer. Please ask your bike dealer for the detailed warranty terms of the specific bike manufacturer.

from ebike shop
What warranty do you offer on your bikes?
All of our electric bikes come with the best warranty possible. We offer 5 years on the frame, 1 year on all of the components & 2 years on the whole electrical system. All of our warranty work is carried out in house. This means we resolve this for you as opposed to passing you on to a third party. We offer the quickest turnaround in the country, our aim is to offer a complete happy eBiking experience, so it's in our interest to get any minor issues resolved quickly for you.

cube
BOSCH warranty:

The warranty period lasts 24 months from the date of sale of the eBike to the end consumer, but no later than 6 months after delivery of the Bosch components to the bike manufacturer. If the end consumer's eBike is intended for commercial use ( e.g. rental company, messenger service), the warranty period lasts 12 months.

Battery Pack warranty

A minimum of 500 charging cycles or 70% (300Wh) and 60% (400Wh) respectively of the nominal capacity (based on information stored on the Battery Pack) within the warranty period.

Damage resulting from improper use. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of a Pedelec bike in a bike park or similar, overstrain through jumping or any alteration of the original Bosch system.

Reactions: Danidl

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
What is the Bosch eBike System’s warranty period?
Bosch issues a guarantee for the entire eBike System to the bike manufacturer. Please ask your bike dealer for the detailed warranty terms of the specific bike manufacturer.

from ebike shop
What warranty do you offer on your bikes?
All of our electric bikes come with the best warranty possible. We offer 5 years on the frame, 1 year on all of the components & 2 years on the whole electrical system. All of our warranty work is carried out in house. This means we resolve this for you as opposed to passing you on to a third party. We offer the quickest turnaround in the country, our aim is to offer a complete happy eBiking experience, so it's in our interest to get any minor issues resolved quickly for you.

cube
BOSCH warranty:

The warranty period lasts 24 months from the date of sale of the eBike to the end consumer, but no later than 6 months after delivery of the Bosch components to the bike manufacturer. If the end consumer's eBike is intended for commercial use ( e.g. rental company, messenger service), the warranty period lasts 12 months.

Battery Pack warranty

A minimum of 500 charging cycles or 70% (300Wh) and 60% (400Wh) respectively of the nominal capacity (based on information stored on the Battery Pack) within the warranty period.

Damage resulting from improper use. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of a Pedelec bike in a bike park or similar, overstrain through jumping or any alteration of the original Bosch system.
Thanks for the information. I still cannot see where it is published by Bosch or in my case by Raleigh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
check the manual for the motor as it should be in there Raleigh is haibike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
check the manual for the motor as it should be in there Raleigh is haibike

I have a manual from Bosch ref 0276 001 SA I (14.8.13) which in multiple languages provides operational instructions for motor intuvia display and battery and makes a number of references to warranty but does not give any specifics such as your post has given.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I

I did that the day of purchasing...

...... Sorry for being so persistent but I have not yet seen a Raliegh or Bosch published document or website entry stating the information you have quoted. With age comes suspicion and I have enough of both.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id not worry about it as you will have 12 months on parts 2 years on electric/motor and 5 years on the frame as all other uk dealers offer the same.

where did you buy the bike from ?

it did state that on the bosch web site but since it has changed now states what i posted above.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0673.JPG
DSC_0674.JPG

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
id not worry about it as you will have 12 months on parts 2 years on electric/motor and 5 years on the frame as all other uk dealers offer the same.

where did you buy the bike from ?

it did state that on the bosch web site but since it has changed now states what i posted above.

I purchased it new from a main dealer in Lisburn near Belfast. Mr John Hanna. I have no reason to believe that he is other than an excellent shopowner and decent person.. The text I have in the Raleigh handbook is more or less the same as in your winora handbook but note that neither refer to the motor assembly.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015