more cycle shops now selling ebikes

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
over the last year local cycle outlets seem to now stock ebikes,
although choice is very limited, a m8 pointed out a dealer near me had ebikes so went for a peruse.
ebikes on display were orbea mtb £1700 shimano steps e6000 crank drive 400watt battery not too sure but think its 50nm.

interestingly they had a merida gents crossbar vertion and unisex step through, both merida bikes use the identical shimano steps e6000 cd moter and have same 400watt battery.

the merida have larger 700c wheels,rack, mudguards and good lights but cost a fair bit more at £2300.

not too sure what the (steps system actually is)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I think the tide is definitely turning. I have seen them in places where I wouldn't expect to. When speaking to staff they invariably say they are selling well

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
over the last year local cycle outlets seem to now stock ebikes,
although choice is very limited, a m8 pointed out a dealer near me had ebikes so went for a peruse.
ebikes on display were orbea mtb £1700 shimano steps e6000 crank drive 400watt battery not too sure but think its 50nm.

interestingly they had a merida gents crossbar vertion and unisex step through, both merida bikes use the identical shimano steps e6000 cd moter and have same 400watt battery.

the merida have larger 700c wheels,rack, mudguards and good lights but cost a fair bit more at £2300.

not too sure what the (steps system actually is)
Steps is equivalent to Bosch active in power and ride experience. Both systems have pluses and minus but to ride there is nothing in it.

• Agree
Reactions: RobF