voodoo zobop conversion bbs02

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi
Has any one converted a voodoo zobop to bbs 02 cannot find a decent pic of the bottom bracket to swing arm area looks like it might be a tight fit
thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
simple rule:
if the largest chainring on the donor bike is less than 44T, be careful, there may not be enough space for the gearbox.
check time index 0:35

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Thanks woosh had seen that the gap between the chain wheel and the rear arm looks a very odd angle do not want to have to use the 4 pound adjuster:rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Thanks woosh had seen that the gap between the chain wheel and the rear arm looks a very odd angle do not want to have to use the 4 pound adjuster:rolleyes:
Sounds like another build going on mate..yes it's well worth spending a bit of time researching what type of bottom bracket space there is..the 29er Forme Frame I've just done was perfect apart from a slightly tight fit through the middle..I've even managed to file some surplus off the drive side of the bottom bracket to get the motor right in tight..but I must have looked at at least 10 different frames that were not suitable. Best bike I've been on so bloody comfy..wanna build a biggie next..maybe 750w..

Attachments

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Have already made one costly mistake with the cube belt drive that will not convert .:({ but I will keep it]
The garage feels empty now the charge has sold and the pile of bits motor batt etc want a new donor

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Have already made one costly mistake with the cube belt drive that will not convert .:({ but I will keep it]
The garage feels empty now the charge has sold and the pile of bits motor batt etc want a new donor
Still got the carrera mate..but I think it needs a big motor still got its sensors fitted.ideal test bike.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The cannondale looks even harder to tell and the battery options look o_O

The zobop is possible found an old forsale add on here but light on details
no local halfords has one in stock to look ,it looks like it might not be a job for the 4 pounder:( might be the angle grinder;) the secondhand one local has now sold

Last edited:

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Can you see what the difference is between the Zobop and the Canzo? I am just trawling ebay and the frames look identical, the Canzo retails about £200 less when new.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Thank you - i am also trying to see if there are any differences depending on the frame size; just in case i need the 9" grinder or will the 4.5" do :confused:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The joys of a self build even looked at Boardman and rock rider
But will not know if it will work till you see it in the METAL :rolleyes:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
In a moment of madness or clarity have decided to take a breath :rolleyes: found myself looking at silly priced carbon :oops: even thinking of a tricycle build of fat bike must be withdrawal:p

Reactions: Blunderbuss

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
That did not last long the spanners are calling been out to the garage had a tidy up, ;) the bike stand was empty :( my phone twangs email alert pick up the laptop :rolleyes:
Now up early the rear seats are not in the car off on a trip :eek:

more to follow.....

Reactions: lyme

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
That chain wheel stand off from the BB looks quite big, but eh, nothing ventured...I hope it fits Peter, will make a cracking bike. Is the 350 going on?

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
Just putting the final touches to a Zobop. The bbs02 fitted no probs but can only use 1 nut on nondrive side . For a battery I got a 36v 14.5amp Hailong 1 from Yose to try. It is mounted under the front downtube . Not ridden in anger yet but battery should just clear the front wheel on full compression.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
4 hours in the car I hope its worth it no got bbs02 36v at 25amps:rolleyes::D:eek: and the triangle battery I have the California motor mount to solve that:cool:

Last edited: