New kalkhoff impulse endeavor 350 w.

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
That's great Dubster, I'm getting pretty close to placing an order, and just want to be sure I order the 'right' bike!

Cheers

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
I have just returned today from the most appalling downpour ....wow does this bike stick to the road like super glue. Major hills and very poor off road conditions with extreme dire conditions ....done 40 miles with loads of extra power usage....and still got at least 30% left. This is one beast of a bike.

Here is some examples of what ranges/speeds and terrains that this beast can cover: (check the splits and elevations)

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/526664156

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/524033608

Last edited:

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
hi lakeland, good to see your impressed with your bike.just ordered one myself, with the derailler gears. Hopefully use mine for touring, so glad to see you can get 50-60 miles on eco.Does the eco have a bit of dig as compared to a 250w bike? thanks.

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
That's great Dubster, I'm getting pretty close to placing an order, and just want to be sure I order the 'right' bike!

Cheers
hi alchemist, just to let you know I ordered one yesterday, arrives next friday because of holidays, looking forward to it,looks like that it is suitable for touring with that extra dig, let you know

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
hi lakeland, good to see your impressed with your bike.just ordered one myself, with the derailler gears. Hopefully use mine for touring, so glad to see you can get 50-60 miles on eco.Does the eco have a bit of dig as compared to a 250w bike? thanks.
Hi Gerry,
Yes deffo more power in eco compared to 250w. A good way to notice the power you are getting is to switch off the power when going up a hill then pedal for a few moments...then turn eco on and you will see what i mean.

Congrats on your new purchase, Hope you have as much fun as i am having.

All the best.
Lakeland.

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
Cheers Gerry, I've just joined the KKK (Kwick Kalkhoff Klub) too! Mine should arrive next Wed or so, all being well, also an Impulse 2 derailleur 10spd. We'll have to compare notes from time to time. Thanks again for the positive reviews to date, Lakeland.

Happy Easter
Alchemist

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Hi Gerry,
Yes deffo more power in eco compared to 250w. A good way to notice the power you are getting is to switch off the power when going up a hill then pedal for a few moments...then turn eco on and you will see what i mean.

Congrats on your new purchase, Hope you have as much fun as i am having.

All the best.
Lakeland.
forgot to ask lakeland , is the lcd display miles as well kilometers?

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
Hi Gerry, the online user manual says you can configure for either Kms or miles. Google for it under Impulse 2 motor user manual, and ye shall find!

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
forgot to ask lakeland , is the lcd display miles as well kilometers?
Hi Gerry,

Sorry for the delay, yes its got functions for both Miles and KM's...and many other features, Press the set button and hold it for a few seconds and there you will find a multitude of settings.

I reset my daily travel data usage to zero after each recharge via those settings to monitor how far the battery lasts. Although that's dependent on each journey and how much effort you apply.

You will notice that the estimated range for each setting changes regularly, this is based on how much effort and power settings you used on your last journey so will constantly change if you travel over different terrains or ranges regularly, if commuting the same journey regularly with the same input then the computer estimate should hardly change.

The computer for the impulse 2 is quite a clever bit of kit.

Regards,

Lakeland.

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Hi Gerry,

Sorry for the delay, yes its got functions for both Miles and KM's...and many other features, Press the set button and hold it for a few seconds and there you will find a multitude of settings.

I reset my daily travel data usage to zero after each recharge via those settings to monitor how far the battery lasts. Although that's dependent on each journey and how much effort you apply.

You will notice that the estimated range for each setting changes regularly, this is based on how much effort and power settings you used on your last journey so will constantly change if you travel over different terrains or ranges regularly, if commuting the same journey regularly with the same input then the computer estimate should hardly change.

The computer for the impulse 2 is quite a clever bit of kit.

Regards,

Lakeland.
thanks lakeland, much appreciated, think it will be similar to the bosch endeavor

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Cheers Gerry, I've just joined the KKK (Kwick Kalkhoff Klub) too! Mine should arrive next Wed or so, all being well, also an Impulse 2 derailleur 10spd. We'll have to compare notes from time to time. Thanks again for the positive reviews to date, Lakeland.

Happy Easter
Alchemist
hi alchemist, if you bike has arrived is the frame colour dark or a light grey?cheers

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
first impressions - it exceeds my pretty high expectations! just heading out for a wee tour of the forest valleys here, back in an hour or so, all being well, better take my old puncture kit just in case though.

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
Just back in, the box on top says 23.2 miles 1 hr 16:45, I stopped a couple of times to make adjustments. Up and down in the forest and out along unadapted but Tarmac roads, max I saw downhill and pushing on was 30,5 mph. The next one will have to be a Thron, though - my backside is none too pleased with the work rate, though the legs and all else fine. might look to shift saddles from my old comfy bike, or maybe a sun tour seat stem.

You'll be glad you bought it, Gerry, no worries!

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Just back in, the box on top says 23.2 miles 1 hr 16:45, I stopped a couple of times to make adjustments. Up and down in the forest and out along unadapted but Tarmac roads, max I saw downhill and pushing on was 30,5 mph. The next one will have to be a Thron, though - my backside is none too pleased with the work rate, though the legs and all else fine. might look to shift saddles from my old comfy bike, or maybe a sun tour seat stem.

You'll be glad you bought it, Gerry, no worries!
glad to hear it alchemist, how did the battery fair with 23 miles, cheers

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
Hardly dropped, one light out and one blinking when put back on charge, told me I could go another 70 miles in Eco or 22 in top gear(sport and fast combined, turbo is last year, apparently, it maxes out with both sport and fast illuminated). It's the kiddo, I think, so does Lakeland, but of course I am new to this, but feel pretty rejuvenated again, I remember doing 25 mph on my old speedo on an old road bike, and thought that was my limit, but now 30 years on and I did 31.5 mph twice in separate bursts today. Next I'll be doing more sedate, my lovely's just ordered her Agattu i8 HS XXL, should be interesting to see how they compare, the impulse 1 and 2 side by side.
I must say the I2 is practically inaudible, which pleases me, as I was a bit concerned about how noisy it might be.

Tomorrow will be your turn! Do endeavour (!) to tighten the headset well, and also the mirror, which requires 2 keys, and one of the nuts is a reverse thread, as if you go a bit, these can slacken if not sufficiently tightened.

You'll also likely get a yellow plastic widget which I've no idea what is for, but someone will know! Also comes with a couple of what appear to be self adhesive fork side reflectors, but again I'm awaiting confirmation that this is what they're for. There's a bit of what I take to be back stay chain drop protector, which I think should go atop the rear frame beneath the upper run of the chain. Just a transparent film strip, afaicsee.

cheers!

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Hardly dropped, one light out and one blinking when put back on charge, told me I could go another 70 miles in Eco or 22 in top gear(sport and fast combined, turbo is last year, apparently, it maxes out with both sport and fast illuminated). It's the kiddo, I think, so does Lakeland, but of course I am new to this, but feel pretty rejuvenated again, I remember doing 25 mph on my old speedo on an old road bike, and thought that was my limit, but now 30 years on and I did 31.5 mph twice in separate bursts today. Next I'll be doing more sedate, my lovely's just ordered her Agattu i8 HS XXL, should be interesting to see how they compare, the impulse 1 and 2 side by side.
I must say the I2 is practically inaudible, which pleases me, as I was a bit concerned about how noisy it might be.

Tomorrow will be your turn! Do endeavour (!) to tighten the headset well, and also the mirror, which requires 2 keys, and one of the nuts is a reverse thread, as if you go a bit, these can slacken if not sufficiently tightened.

You'll also likely get a yellow plastic widget which I've no idea what is for, but someone will know! Also comes with a couple of what appear to be self adhesive fork side reflectors, but again I'm awaiting confirmation that this is what they're for. There's a bit of what I take to be back stay chain drop protector, which I think should go atop the rear frame beneath the upper run of the chain. Just a transparent film strip, afaicsee.

cheers!

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks for the info alchemist, glad to hear their is a mirror, thought it was just in the continent that got them.,getting impatient,just like christmas 50 years ago.

Advertisers