Cyclotricity Stealth

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Hi amigafan,

I don't know if you've seen it but I've started a conversation with you. I have many questions now I've decided to take your advice.

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
UPDATE

I feel I've been a bit harsh about the bike and I once again have to stress that the Cyclotricity customer service has been first class. I've been in contact with the Sales Manager and he's even rung me at home out of hours to keep me happy. Let's go through the problems I had:

1) 3 punctures on the back tyre - well this tyre is probably put on millions of bikes a year and I was just unlucky to get one that was faulty which wasn't really Cyclotricitys fault but they sent me two replacements.

2) Broken chain - I'd been messing with the gears and got frustrated and my rage broke the chain but they sent a new one.

3) front shock - they asked me to send pictures of it and said they had now upgraded to a better model and sent me the new one.

4) Brakes - the Zoom brakes are probably OK for most riders but I wanted something a lot better. yes one of them did fail but once again probably millions of bikes a year are fitted with this same brake and I was unlucky.

5) 5 broken spokes - to be honest when I saw the first one about 1 month earlier I was inexperienced to know that it would lead to problems if I didn't get it fixed. About 2 weeks later I saw another broken spoke and 2 weeks later another 3 broke making it unridable. I've got to blame myself for this.

6) Pedal arm hub - once again they sent their newest model without any questions and sent me to a shop to have it fitted.

Zak kept in touch and I said I wasn't really happy with the bike and I wanted to get rid of it or even swap the electric kit to my Carrera Subway. He then asked what I was doing on September 7th because he and his chief bike mechanic would come up and look at all the problems I'd had. On Sunday they drove 175 miles to my house to turn me into a happy customer which is above and beyond customer service.
They left after fitting me their latest rear wheel 500 watt kit with all new electrics and even replaced the front suspension again to a new better one.

This bike is now so efficient and smooth as silk to ride.
I really can't thank the Cyclotricity team enough and this is the type of company all others should aspire to for customer service.

Reactions: mountainsport

dread

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2014
Yeah noticed front shock is appalling... When i go up kerbs etc it seems to not seem right? As though something loose? Doesn't feel right at all. Gonna send email in morning.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think we have to move Cyclotricity to the top of the recommended list for all that. That's exceptional. Compare that service to that by KTM and Bosch in the "Bosch Bearings" thread. It just goes to show that the price of the bike doesn't have any influence on the level of service you get. In fact, it seems to be the opposite. The less you pay the easier it is to get your bike fixed.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yeah noticed front shock is appalling... When i go up kerbs etc it seems to not seem right? As though something loose? Doesn't feel right at all. Gonna send email in morning.
Have you checked for play in your steering head bearings? Maybe you didn't tighten the stem cap enough. Don't do it too tight though - just enough to take out any play.

dread

Jul 11, 2014
No play in bearings.. When you pull up on bars... Shocks don't feel quite right? Hence my other post regarding looking for better front shocks? See what manufacturer has too say first

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Zak made it clear they wanted to make the best 250 watt £799 eBike on the market and will keep trying to source better parts but keep it in that price range.

D

Deleted member 4366

No play in bearings.. When you pull up on bars... Shocks don't feel quite right? Hence my other post regarding looking for better front shocks? See what manufacturer has too say first
You use the brake to test the head bearings. Put the brake on hard and rock the bike back and forth. You can feel knocking in the steerer tube if they're loose.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Zak made it clear they wanted to make the best 250 watt £799 eBike on the market and will keep trying to source better parts but keep it in that price range.
Is this more completion for budget buy? Do whoosh still have the crown or should we consider others now?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it looks like £799 is the right price for a first bike, you can still get a lot of choice. Woosh are moving towards £899 bikes with Tektro hydraulic brakes and better quality forks fitted as standard.

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Is this more completion for budget buy? Do whoosh still have the crown or should we consider others now?
I asked them about giving the buyer a choice for better parts but working in a factory for 27 years I also saw their point about stocks however asking the shop to fit better parts would be an option and maybe cheaper. Their forks are OK anyway. Personally Cyclotricity gets my vote purely for customer service.

For the majority the £799 is way good enough but I would personally pay more for the rear wheel 500 watt and fit my own brakes.

dread

Jul 11, 2014
What was the issue with your forks? I have emailed Petre... Let's see how I get on?

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
What was the issue with your forks? I have emailed Petre... Let's see how I get on?
My original ones in my opening post seized, they didn't even travel 1mm.
The replacements in post 23 work perfectly which are the ones fitted to the latest Stealths.

I had the bike in derestricted mode on the way home so it goes at 24mph on the throttle but it was way too fast and I turned it back down which is still better than my old 250 watt front motor.
I love this bike now.

dread

Jul 11, 2014
Well Petre has got back to me and we are going to swap out the forks... Will keep u updated.

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Just ordered Stealth bike on ebikeshed how did it take for your delivery.
Less than a week back in January.
I live 2 miles from the shop.

Which one have you ordered? - I'd recommend the 500 watt rear wheel version now because it does 24 mph on the throttle (when off road of course).

Pluto88888

Sep 13, 2014
I ordered the 250w stealth with LCD. (Lower power for work lol)
I do have a 1000w ebike which is too heavy.