The more I search the less I know

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Dave,he is a new dealer,so please treat him gently,hehe!!!!
At this time he is taking a Kudos Tornado to test the local market,but will expand his range later,the Tornado should arrive tomorrow or Monday.
Dave
DS Automotive
Unit 5,Homefield Ind Estate
Lockingmoor
Locking
Weston super Mare
BS24 7BE
07843 904212.
regards
KudosDave....thats 3 Daves,my names Rodney,yeh sure Dave!!!

Beardedave

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2014
Polruan
My initial chaotic uncertainty has, with help from those on this forum, reached managable proportions. i've narrowed it down to 3 makes (Woosh, Tonaro and Kudos) and starting on Thursday I go try them! Fun, fun, fun! Thanks everyone - I'll let you know what happens!

Reactions: hoppy

hoppy

May 25, 2010
My initial chaotic uncertainty has, with help from those on this forum, reached managable proportions. i've narrowed it down to 3 makes (Woosh, Tonaro and Kudos) and starting on Thursday I go try them! Fun, fun, fun! Thanks everyone - I'll let you know what happens!
Excellent. Do try hard to find test hills as steep as you will want to climb! All the best.

Beardedave

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2014
Polruan
Well, i tried a Tonaro Compy and Esprit, found the build quality very good and the ride excellent. I really liked the slow start to the pedal assist even though they were both fairly heavy. After much agonizing, and lacking the will power to wait the 2 weeks it would be before I could get to Brighton to try a Woosh, I have today ordered a Compy. Don't have a delivery date yet but it should be soon. Once I've tried it for a while I shall write again.

Reactions: hoppy

Beardedave

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2014
Polruan
Oh, Kudos Dave, I contacted the dealer you put me on to and he didn't have a Tornado, in fact had no idea one was even meant to be coming! He (of course his name had to be Dave) told he he mainly deals with Bosch crank drives.
Obviously a slip-up in communication somewhere.

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
After much agonizing, and lacking the will power to wait the 2 weeks it would be before I could get to Brighton to try a Woosh,
There's a Woosh dealer in Brighton? A little off tangent from your main thread I know but could you let me know details please? Ta very much :)

Beardedave

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2014
Polruan
Sorry, that's the danger of typing and talking at the same time! I meant to type Southend but was talking about Brighton. Duh! The other thing is that Woosh seem to have a supply and demand situation at the moment, with lots of bikes sold out. Great for them but not if you're as impatient as me! I am sorry my failure at multi-tasking raised false hopes.

Helen C

Pedelecer
Jan 15, 2014
Oh, Kudos Dave, I contacted the dealer you put me on to and he didn't have a Tornado, in fact had no idea one was even meant to be coming! He (of course his name had to be Dave) told he he mainly deals with Bosch crank drives.
Obviously a slip-up in communication somewhere.
I'm sure KudosDave will be along to reply to this, but in the meantime, I think you must somehow have got hold of the wrong Dave (hardly surprising, given the number of them :D) when you called. The WsM Dave that was a new dealer in Kudos was a new dealer in bikes altogether, no Bosch or any other drives, and he definitely had the Tornado by last Saturday - I bought one on Monday :)

Glad you're sorted with a bike now, anyway - hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Helen

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Beardedave....as Helen has said on the foregoing,you must have got me confused with another Dave.
My dealer is DS Automotive at Weston super Mare,full details on our website,he only has a Kudos Tornado
Regards
KudosDave

Beardedave

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2014
Polruan
Well, my Tonaro Compy arrived yesterday. I charged the battery while I assembled the bits (very well packaged, incidentally) which took a bit longer than I expected, partly due to me taking ages to find the right sized allen key in my over-stuffed shed. Bike assembled I took it for a ride.....

First thoughts - the frame is really solid, and really heavy! The bike is back-heavy (the battery sits on a rack over the rear wheel) and somewhat tricky to manouvre when you're not riding it, but practice will sort that out. The front light is the opposite - light and flimsy, the catch snapped off as I was trying to see how it worked.

I soon found the knack to changing gear under power, though it's easy to forget at first. And talking about power - wonderful! It climbed up Polruan hill (15% average but some of it is steeper) with me pedalling encouragement but not enough to tire my knackered knees. I let the teenage boy opposite have a quick go - his response "that is so cool, I went up there like a car!"

Can't comment on battery life or range yet but early signs are promising.
Today, rain, thunder, lightning and no riding but sun tomorrow........

And, re above messages, sorry for any communication breakdowns!

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Today, rain, thunder, lightning and no riding but sun tomorrow........
/quote]
What a wuss :rolleyes:

It started persisting down when I was in St: Austell aldi, so I donned waterproofs & squelched off home:
6 miles, up & over Hensbarrow (against the tide) & felt quite smug once I'd emptied me boots ;)