Two-in-one! Off-road and on-road both in one bike!

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
Hi All,

Following the recent announcement for introducing our new de-restrictable high power conversion kits, the demand for them has been incredible!

Seeing that, we've decided to introduce upgrades to our ever so popular Stealth and Revolver bikes by using exactly the same kit components. So if you are interested in power, and want a purpose built e-bike rather than a conversion, please read on!

Both of these upgrades come with our uniquely developed dual mode system embedded in the LCD dispaly and controller. I.e. the bikes will come restricted to the road-legal 250W by default, but the de-restriction codes can be obtained provided you sign the de-restriction terms of use.
In other words, whenever you feel like taking those bikes to their limit off-road, you can configure them to unleash the beast within!
And then again, re-configure them for safe road-legal journeys. :)

For just a couple of hundred quid extra, you can now get the Revolver equipped with the 500W rear motor and a 36V/15Ah battery!

Revolver-500W.jpg
Revolver-500W.jpg Revolver-500W-front-angle.jpg Revolver-500W-rear-angle.jpg LCD-Revolver-Stealth.jpg Revolver-500W-motor.jpg

Revolver 500W 15Ah Spec:
  • 500W brushless and gearless rear hub motor (comes restricted to the UK/EU regulation of 250W power and 25km/h speed by default. Reaches up to 32km/h once de-restricted to the 500W mode.)
  • LCD dashboard showing power output, Speed, Time, journey Distance etc and ability to control the de-restriction settings.
  • Thumb throttle
  • 5 levels of pedal assist modes
  • Fitted with V-brakes. Electric brake levers cut the power when applied.
  • 36V/15Ah Lithium-ion battery (50-60 miles range between charges depending on terrain, weight of cyclists, frequent use of PAS, frequency of stops/starts, air pressure in tyres etc. Based on 250W restriction mode)
  • Charger: UK plug charger with LED indicating level of charge (battery should be fully charged within 5 hours)
  • Frame size: 17″ or 20″ Alloy 6061 frame
  • Suspension: ZOOM 386 alloy
  • Gears: 6 speed Shimano derailleur
  • Rims: 26″ Alloy double walled
  • Saddle: PVC leather
  • Total weight of e-Bike including battery: 22kg
  • Price: £949
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Stealth, we've decided to make its upgrade suitable for extreme off-roading and equipped it with the 1000W motor and 48V/11Ah battery! The forks has also been upgraded to stronger SR Suntour with lockable suspension for maximum fun!

Stealth-1000W.jpg
Stealth-1000W.jpg Stealth-1000W-front-angle.jpg Stealth-1000W-rear-angle.jpg LCD-Revolver-Stealth.jpg Stealth-1000W-motor.jpg

Stealth 1000W 11Ah Spec:
  • 1000W brushless and gearless rear hub motor (comes restricted to the UK/EU regulation of 250W power and 25km/h speed by default. Reaches up to 50km/h once de-restricted to the 1000W mode.)
  • LCD dashboard showing power output, Speed, Time, journey Distance etc and ability to control the de-restriction settings.
  • Thumb throttle
  • 5 levels of pedal assist modes
  • Fitted with mechanical alloy disc brakes. Electric brake levers cut the power when applied.
  • 48V/11Ah Lithium-ion battery (50-60 miles range between charges depending on terrain, weight of cyclists, frequent use of PAS, frequency of stops/starts, air pressure in tyres etc. Based on 250W restriction mode)
  • Charger: UK plug charger with LED indicating level of charge (battery should be fully charged within 5 hours)
  • Frame size: 17″ or 20″ Alloy 6061 frame
  • Suspension: SR Suntour XCT
  • Gears: 7 speed Shimano derailleur
  • Rims: 26″ Alloy double walled
  • Saddle: PVC leather
  • Total weight of e-Bike including battery: 23kg
  • Price: £1095

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Congratualtions of filling a demand in the market.

Without rear suspension or hyfraulic brakes, I wouldn't like to do more than 25mph though ;-)

Also, I can't seem to see any torque arm on those bikes. Is there one?

Last edited:
Reactions: rippedupno1

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
Thank you very much amigafan! :)
Yes, these have been quite sought after since they've gone live. But not sure why we're not having more comments here, I was expecting hell to break loose on this thread haha!

It might be that I chose a neglected forum section to announce these bikes...

It's funny you should say that, we are in fact in the process of developing a full suspension bike with hydraulic brakes to complement the 1000W kit. I expect it to be finished by next Summer.
In the meantime, we're confident the Stealth has got a perfectly capable skeleton to take the off-road beating (apart from the standard forks which we upgraded for this model).

As for torque arms, we've made some special torque washers specifically for the Stealth and Revolver drop outs (not the same ones on the kits).
But if you get yourself the kit as a standalone product, yes I agree it'd be a good idea to get torque arms as they'd be more universal (we're going to have those available for next month).

Rami

Bmdji

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2014
What sort of range would you expect out of them when they are derestricted?

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
Well, that depends on usage. Estimating an average figure is a lot harder to do when derestricted because the variation in power consumption is a lot wider, and it is rare that you take the motor to their peak when derestricted (unlike the 250W versions).
But if I make a wild guess and assume that you will settle on an average power consumption of 350W (i.e. with pedaling alongside the throttle and not much hill climbing), then mathematically you would be getting around 30miles.

Bmdji

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2014
Yeah, appreciate that's it's a how long is a piece of string question. Cool bikes!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
[quote="Bmdji, post: 227903, member: 11990"it's a how long is a piece of string question.[/quote]

Twice the distance from the centre to either end.

D

Deleted member 4366

According to the Mensa book, it's probably between 1/2 cm and 2 km.

Advertisers