Shortlist

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I have to go back on my word. I live only a few miles from Shrewsbury. I have a Kudos Tornado if you want to try it. If so, let me know when and where, and I'll bring it over.
Thanks very much for the offer, i do appreciate it but dont really want a moutain bike. Its good of you to offer though. No doubt someone on here will criticise me for turning you down, but I'm looking at coventional road bikes
Thanks Though

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
No doubt someone on here will criticise me for turning you down
Shocking behaviour, that.

Den, lighten up a bit.

It was only a few hours ago that grumpy old Dave was refusing to help you.

Some forums are a rats' nest, but no one holds grudges or gets too worked up on here, so you post away as often as you like.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Shocking behaviour, that.

Den, lighten up a bit.

It was only a few hours ago that grumpy old Dave was refusing to help you.

Some forums are a rats' nest, but no one holds grudges or gets too worked up on here, so you post away as often as you like.
OK point taken, i appreciated his offer, apparently i am a bit cranky according to her indoors, who is nagging me to hurry up and get a bike sorted as well, and you wonder why i am cranky ...lol

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
den, if you want the Big Bear, it's back in stock now but if you leave it another week, you'll have to wait for the next delivery in September. The ones arriving in September are in blue gray gunmetal colour.
you can buy online .

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
who is nagging me to hurry up and get a bike sorted as well,...lol
I mentioned in another thread about getting a bike in the next week or two so there's time to get some pleasure from it before the weather closes in.

OK, there's always next season, but none of us are getting any younger.

C

Cyclezee

OK point taken, i appreciated his offer, apparently i am a bit cranky according to her indoors, who is nagging me to hurry up and get a bike sorted as well, and you wonder why i am cranky ...lol
Join the club.......sorry, you already have;)

Reactions: Woosh

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
den, if you want the Big Bear, it's back in stock now but if you leave it another week, you'll have to wait for the next delivery in September. The ones arriving in September are in blue gray gunmetal colour.
you can buy online .
Just noticed that, are the new ones in September the same spec, except for the colour.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
yes, same spec, 2014 gunmetal colour and small Woosh logo on the headtube, like the Big Bear LS.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Almost everything in Dave's post accords with my understanding.

I don't doubt getting supplies on time from China is not easy, and there's certainly no suggestion Andrew tried to mislead anyone.

Quite the reverse, and people in the trade like him as person.

I believe there was a cashflow problem at one point which didn't help the supply situation.

All of that was 18/20 months ago, and I was encouraged to hear Oxygen had got some financial clout on board with Seascooter.

But that was in March, and not to have websales up and running by now is poor.

The Oxygen facebook page is also moribund, no posts of substance for many months.

One might have thought it would have been laden with pics and info about the new mountain bike.

As regards the dealer, they were prepared, well they did, order a couple of bikes, but only a couple.

Their frustration was they had made a small start on building the Oxygen brand locally, only for that groundwork to be wasted.

Seems to me trying to establish an ebike company is not easy - both Dave at Kudos and Hattie at Woosh have other businesses running in the background.

I believe Dave has posted on here the car parts business has supported Kudos, although I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong.

Dealers are often not keen to have stock, but the importer has to have bikes to hand - if they want to sell any.

How that's achieved is of no concern or interest to a prospective customer, such as Den.

What I would say to him is that if Oxygen tell him they have the bike he wants in the warehouse, he should believe it.

And I certainly wouldn't worry about giving them credit card details, by phone or online.
Rob....in one posting you have pretty much defined the current situation of the e-bike industry. When I analyse the current major sellers they are all supported by some 'sugar daddy' in the background. In a lot of respects it reminds me of the kit car industry,generally under capitalised and run by enthusiasts. Kudos is a tiny part of the Rally Design group of companies but I find myself very active with Kudos because I find the product very interesting and it seems on the tipping point of becoming a more established industry.
Kudos has reached a point where the volumes are viable and the brand has settled down to a technology plateau,it is nice to keep releasing new models but also nice to reorder established models. Essentially we have 3 new models next year that will build upon the hill climbing strength that we have learnt with the BPM motor,details are embargoed until stock is to hand.
regards
KudosDave

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Unfortunatley I have lost £700 of my budget this afternoon, seems we ?? are urgently in need of a new bed. I had an idea she was up to something when she asked me about the cheaper bikes. So the budget is cut to £800. What is the difference between a Woosh Sirocco cd and cdl, I have done a bit more reserch this evening and now understand I got it wrong with the gear change issues, I am certain I could cope with them. I dont understand why Woosh keep recommending the cdl for me, its a larger bike, im 5' 9" 29" leg approx 16st 6 lbs, surley I need the smaller bike. Re the Big Bear, I have deceided against it, its a massive bike, and I dont really think its for me after a lot of thought. I need to put this to bed now and get the bike sorted.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
The CDL has 700 or 28 inch wheels and seven gears as against eight for the CD and Sport CD. It has the same top gearing because of the bigger wheels but the bottom gearing is a bit higher I think.

BTW I'm not trying to push you in a direction that you don't want to go. But I was going for the Sirocco CD at first but they were sold out. That's why I bought the Sport CD, which has the same frame and motor, and is only different because of the bottle battery and lack of mudguards.

I bought some Woosh mudguards which fit on the lugs on the Sport CD as they do on the Sirocco. So with them fitted there really would be very little difference between them. Apart from the battery which is in a better place for handling really than high up on the back.

superDove

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshunt, Herts. UK
Unfortunatley I have lost £700 of my budget this afternoon,

Re the Big Bear, I have deceided against it
I bet you wish you made a decision earlier now!

I've test ridden the big bear and cdl and came to the following conclusion.

If you have hills you'll learn to appreciate ebike grunt

If you don't have hills you probably don't want an ebike.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Denwyn,

How about we all have whip round and buy you a bike, would that make you happy;)

Reactions: Woosh

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
I bet you wish you made a decision earlier now!

I've test ridden the big bear and cdl and came to the following conclusion.

If you have hills you'll learn to appreciate ebike grunt

If you don't have hills you probably don't want an ebike.
We dont have many hills at all, I have a Marin Hybrid pedel bike, but life would be easier with an e bike.

Reactions: superDove

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Simples, if you like your Marin convert it;)
I had thought of that, but not really confident in carrying it out, anyway its more or less deceided when I get my new bike, the son in law would be having it. Good job hes in no rush