Insert Pic's

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
How do you insert a pic off your PC into a post? The 'image' button ask's me for a URL. I am sure there used to be a browse for pic function.

Aushiker

Pedelecer
I am aware of a three forums that use the same software as here none of them allow direct upload from the computer. Neither do the other three forum software that I use (I think I hang out on to many forums :)).

What I do is:

(1) Link to photos I have posted online in my blog if appropriate;
(2) Link to photos I have previously upload to my Google+/Picasa or Fickr account if it is photo I have taken;
(3) Share the photo on Pinterest if it is something I want to share and then link to it from there;
(4) If none of the above applies I simply upload it to Minus.com and link to it from there.

Andrew

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Click the 'Upload a File' button next to 'Post Reply' underneath the text entry box.

Then once the file has uploaded, you can insert as thumbnail or the full image.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
This one does as does vBulletin v4 upwards, and I upload images with that on other forums I use.

Here use upload a file.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
1-DSCF1507.JPG 1-DSCF1507.JPG
I clicked "more options" then drag and drop from desktop and clicked "full image"
Can't wait to see what happens!

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
2 for the price of one!!
Perhaps I should have clicked "thumbnails"

Last edited:

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Thanks for the reply's. I am sure the upload a file option wasn't there yesterday or maybe I was just too tired and didn't have my glasses on !

test1.gif

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I like the 'drag and drop' feature on the 'more options' too. Nice find.
test1.jpg

Advertisers