2015 KTM.....

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
When I saw the Mini Me last week, I thought "now that's a smart move"

The ultimate kids toy for the wealthier client.

In relation to the Macina Lycan's, for 2016, tell KTM to alter the frame seat tube angle to allow for a dropper seat. :)

I'm still voting it e-mtb of the year though.

Reactions: baldylox

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
When I saw the Mini Me last week, I thought "now that's a smart move"

The ultimate kids toy for the wealthier client..
You have to be over 14 years old to ride an ebike though and most 14 year olds I know are big enough to ride a full size 26" wheeled bike.

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
Col, in one of the welcome threads it was mentioned that the Panasonic drive range would be coming with bigger batteries for 2015. Will these fit the 2014 bikes like my eLycan? Just thinking ahead for the time in the future when I will need to replace it. Would be great to think my range could get even bigger.

You have to be over 14 years old to ride an ebike though and most 14 year olds I know are big enough to ride a full size 26" wheeled bike.
rather strangely, the rules don't make any sense again with this.

https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

In Great Britain, if you’re 14 or over you don’t need a licence to ride electric bikes that meet certain requirements, and they don’t need to be registered, taxed or insured.

So it doesn't say you can't ride one if your under 14. It just say if you're over 14 you don't need a licence to ride one. Again super helpful of the UK government to offer such clear guidance for us and others to work with.

But yes... its a tricky one this one.

Col, in one of the welcome threads it was mentioned that the Panasonic drive range would be coming with bigger batteries for 2015. Will these fit the 2014 bikes like my eLycan? Just thinking ahead for the time in the future when I will need to replace it. Would be great to think my range could get even bigger.
Yes, bigger batteries for 2015. At the moment it looks like they will be retrofitable to the older bikes, because there is no difference to the size, shape or fitting. As soon as we have this confirmed, along with prices etc etc, I'll post here.

Reactions: TinKitten

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

In Great Britain, if you’re 14 or over you don’t need a licence to ride electric bikes that meet certain requirements, and they don’t need to be registered, taxed or insured.

So it doesn't say you can't ride one if your under 14. It just say if you're over 14 you don't need a licence to ride one. Again super helpful of the UK government to offer such clear guidance for us and others to work with.
But as you say, that is only a guidance document, and at the foot of the page it asks, "is there anything wrong with this page?" with a link, rather showing a lack of confidence in their publication skills. :rolleyes:

In fact the age restriction is more properly specified in the actual law, that being The Road Transport Act, 1988.

D

Deleted member 4366

But yes... its a tricky one this one.

Yes, bigger batteries for 2015. At the moment it looks like they will be retrofitable to the older bikes, because there is no difference to the size, shape or fitting. As soon as we have this confirmed, along with prices etc etc, I'll post here.
Note the rule that says 200W maximum output, not 250W continuous.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Note the rule that says 200W maximum output, not 250W continuous.
Yes, hence my various previous posts observing how useless the original e-bikes of the 1980s were, complying with that as they did. The e-bike market was paralysed for well over a decade by that until the manufacturers started to take liberties.