U-Cruiser UM55s Controller question.

Pedaldog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 25, 2014
North West
As the thread title says. I need to find a controller for the UM55S. It is a 220watt, brushless motor with a 26Volt Li-Po battery and after a day of ... "PLAYING!" I find that the motor is okay but the control unit is dead and there is no throttle fitted at all.
I have only found one control unit so for that says 250 to 500 watts. Will that work, it is for Brushless motors.
With shipping it would cost me around the £55-00 mark, again is that a decent price? I can find a throttle easily I'm sure so that's not a worry for now but I cannae dae Nuffink without the Controller and I can't afford to pay the £125.00, or more, that I see advertised in some dealers.
Advice, insults and offers of cash would all be welcome.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Contact Urban Mover - they stock spare parts and should be able to supply what you require.

01242 254540

-------------------------------

Urban Mover International
International Enquiries, Scooters, boards
& UK accounts dept.
PO Box 482
Cheltenham
GL50 2XT
England

D

Deleted member 4366

Why do you think you need a new controller? They're not easy to break. Have you done any tests?

Pedaldog

Aug 25, 2014
North West
Thanks Phil but I tried them this past week or so and they are all away doing the exhibitions and stuff.

d8veh, brother looked it over and says it is deaderised. Got the bike being told there was a problem with that bit so not surprised.

D

Deleted member 4366

Many people came on here saying they need a new controller when they didn5. I ask again. What test did anyone do that showed it's faulty?

Pedaldog

Aug 25, 2014
North West
Only test we've managed to do on mi8ne is to run the motor, not using the control box but a separate battery and using a Servo Tester for a throttle. The motor turned the wheel okay, even with a resistance from the brakes etc it showed a decent amount of pull. Refitted the controller and nothing at all. I know the bike's battery is okay and the motor is okay so it only leaves the controller as far as I can see. Open to any suggestions to, simple to perform, other easy tests to try as I don't want to have to shell out "Earth Pounds" unless it is unavoidable.

D

Deleted member 4366

I could give better advice if you could show a photo of the controller and its connections. The first thing to check is that you have 5v between the red and black throttle or PAS wires.

Pedaldog

Aug 25, 2014
North West
I'll try and get some piccies tomorrow, bikes at my brothers at the moment, and appreciate the help d8veh

Advertisers