problems with 8 fun

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Good morning. I have tested the battery as described above and it is coming out with a reading of -26.7 and falling and getting nothing at the throttle connector,
That's the issue there I believe. The battery voltage has dropped below the low voltage cuttoff (which is likely 30v ish)

When you plug the charger in does the light just stay green ? Presumably so in which case the voltage has dropped too far down for the BMS

Is it still under warranty ? If not there are options , it may well be possible to save/fix

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
For some reason I have a feeling you are local to me ? I'm in shoreham

Just if you are, and the battery is not under warranty id be happy to help you further diagnose and try to fix

I have the same kit and have taken my battery apart and performed various fixes. All under d8veh instructions but the offer is there if you want /can bring it round to me

Pm me

Reactions: Kinninvie
D

Deleted member 4366

The BMS in your battery has shut down for whatever reason. The battery needs to be opened up to fix it. Let us know whether you want to take up Kirstin's offer, or whether you need more help.

Sparkys6887

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks to my brother for doing the tests and for the advice. The bike is in warranty song have emailed Paul at 8fun for a replacement battery. Will take up your kind offer of help Kristen if needed ;)

Sparkys6887

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2013
Heard from my Dad today that the Battery had arrived from Paul at 8fun. My brother has fitted it and it's working well. I can't wait to collect it. I'll post some photo's when I get it back. In the meantime. Thanks very much to d8veh and KirstinS for your help with this :) really is much appreciated. Thanks to my Dad and brother for helping too.

KirstinS I live in Brighton so maybe we could meet up sometime? A colleague of mine who recently moved to Shoreham has just bought a Calculff (excuse spelling) electric bike.

Sparkys6887

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2013
Yeah. I cycled home from work yesterday and bike seemed better than ever. HUGE thank you to Kirstin for helping get me back on the road ;)

Reactions: KirstinS

Advertisers