Remove speed limit freego hawk

kuksoolchris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
Hi guys I have a freego Hawk 16ah.
I am wondering if it is possible to remove the speed limit of 15mph.
I tend to average 18mph so not looking for a huge increase in max speed just a few mph so im not cycling on my own for the majority of the journey.

I have had a look at the controller and there isn't a wire looping back as suggested on other threads:(

Anyone able to help?
ps I don't use the bike on UK roads so not too worried about the legalities.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Would you be able to take a photo of the controller?

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
I can see one of the red wire is cut. Do you see another cut red wire?

Also this is standard 36v controller so swapping controller may help. However, the speed boost might not be very high and It depends on the motor winding.

Overvolt seems to be the best way to get speed boost

kuksoolchris

Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
No just that one wire if i remember right. there is a plug with 2 wires going in and one out cant remember what the colors were. Any recommendations for a new controller and will it work with the standard handle bar switch?

D

Deleted member 4366

Can you spread the wires out so that we can see what you've got, in particular any white wires. That bird's nest doesn't help anyone.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
No just that one wire if i remember right. there is a plug with 2 wires going in and one out cant remember what the colors were. Any recommendations for a new controller and will it work with the standard handle bar switch?
A ku65 from BMS battery would be a good replacement, I use it on an 8fun motor . It has a speed restrict wire which you can leave unplugged - it increased my speed by about 2mph. It comes with a led handlebar panel

However it can also be overvolted quite happily - that's where a big speed increase came from

I think we are stuck until you get back home and can take a better picture I'm afraid

kuksoolchris

Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
Ok I'm home now and had another look. The wiring is a mess couldn't really get a much better pic. But to break it down.
2 big wires for the battery.
A small red and black up to the handlebar control.
3 big wires to motor and 5 small for Hall effect?
Black red and white wires from the throttle.
Then we have the brake cut off 2 plugs joins together going to red and blue into the controller.
The crank sensor. Red and black to the controller and the blue up to the handlebar control?

Then it gets interesting the red from the handlebar control I think is the random cut red wire from the loom.
The green from the handlebar control goes into a 2 pin plug. Joins up with the brown/red wire. Other wire on plug is blue/red and cut wire.

There is a pair of wires going from controler to a 2 pin plug blue/white and violet. These aren't connected to anything.

I have drawn a quick sketch.

Attachments

Advertisers