806 classic

mrtc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2014
north staffs. for my sins
I have a viking ego24. Yes i know its very low grade but it was cheap on ebay. And was ok for me to make sure a folding 20inch ebike was right for my commute.

Now its time for me to get a better quality bike. Ive seen the 806 but just wondered. Will the 806 be getting any changes in 2015. Id hate to buy one now if there is a new model coming soon. My reason for asking is a local bicycle shop said wisper may be discontinuing the 806.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
There well may be a new one coming but when is another matter.
BH have a new one also, see their web page, cost more but ought to be a nice bike to ride.

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
There are a few changes to the bike which is out now. These include a bigger 400wh battery, slightly different display etc. Also the bike now has Kenda tyres rather than Schwalbe. Choosing the correct folding bike depends how you are going to use it. I have no news of a new folding coming out from Wisper in the near future.The 806 are nice bikes to ride.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Unless you need to fold it I would go for a full size bike as the ride will be better than folding bikes. 20 miles a day is alot on a folding bike, certainly possible as you say even the Viking will do it.

mrtc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2014
north staffs. for my sins
Im going to sound mad. But im thinking of getting 2 bikes.

Sell the viking. Buy a wisper 806 for when i need a foldable. Trains etc and a electric full size bike for commuting. Also my other half wants the wisper for leisure use

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Makes sense as you will find the full size bike much more comfortable for commuting. Good luck with the search!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks everyone for your input!

David from Electrifying Cycles is spot on with the specs. The only things I would add are, there is a 580Wh battery upgrade available in the new year and the battery now benefits from RSCC and automatic deep sleep mode. The locking mechanism on the frame has been upgraded and the cables inside the frame are now sleeved to save them getting caught during the folding process. The wheel rims have also been ungraded to Alex.

There are no plans to change the bike into 2015/16.

All the best

David

Peter Arendt

Just Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Thanks everyone for your input!

David from Electrifying Cycles is spot on with the specs. The only things I would add are, there is a 580Wh battery upgrade available in the new year and the battery now benefits from RSCC and automatic deep sleep mode. The locking mechanism on the frame has been upgraded and the cables inside the frame are now sleeved to save them getting caught during the folding process. The wheel rims have also been ungraded to Alex.

There are no plans to change the bike into 2015/16.

All the best

David
Hi Dave.
I have a Wisper 806 Classic 2014 model built in Germany.
Guess what has happened the battery casing were the electric wires and junction box is housed has snapped off from screws due to vibrations caused while riding this bike. If this bike is quality built by Germans why are part falling off ? Has the bike had a vibration tests to check if part fall off?. I don't think so and dealers are saying it's the best bike on the market, who is telling fibs. Please make sure you bounce the bikes a few time before selling them to customer, you may be supprised to see what happens to part on it. Let hope the 2015 model has be improved, but what about 2014 models?.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Peter,

Sorry to read that you are having problems with your bike. Please either contact your supplier or me directly david@freegowisper.com and we will sort you out.

To answer your questions, yes the bike was built in Germany and yes under EN15194 the bike does undergo severe vibration testing, so I can only imagine you have a faulty part.

The 2015 model has had a lot of upgrades, however we were not happy with the way the bikes were built in Germany and have gone back to China where the quality of manufacture seems to be much higher.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

David

Advertisers