Stuttering Woosh BB

gordon581

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2014
Glasgow
Hi,

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong with my Big Bear? Starting this morning on my way to work and continuing on my return home. My bike seems to stutter when I'm pedalling. The only I can describe it as similar to when a car is running out of fuel. Although its not too severe just now, I'm concerned it will worsen and I'll completely lose power.

Thanks

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
First thing to check is break cut outs.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's a few possibilities. The first thing to check is the phase wire connections at the controller. Whatever you do, don't give it full throtle when it's stuttering or if it stops. Another possibility is water in the motor. Does the wire go downwards from the motor. While you're there, check that the wire isn't damaged whete it comes out of the axle. Look carefully.

Look at those things first, and if you can't find anything, report back.

One other thing: There's a few vsriants of the BPM motor. If yours has a connector near the motor, make sure it's got no water in it and that it's fully home. They have guide-lines for how far they have to be pressed together because it's easy to not press them far enough.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
If the motor runs smoothly on the throttle then check the pedelec sensor.
Turn the bike upside down, rotate the crank and see if the pedelec disc is loosened or clogged with mud and becomes stuck to the frame.

gordon581

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2014
Glasgow
Sorry in the delay in replying. I've been without a pc for a few weeks.

Thanks for the advice, I never found out the exact cause but since bringing it indoors for a couple of days, and spraying WD40 around the electrics, its not happened since.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Damp electrics amazing what wd40 can do. Reminds me of days past with rotor caps and damp leads.

Advertisers