My kit has arrived and oh my it looks confusing!

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Here's the PAS fitted to the left as described by d8veh, notice the small magnets facing outwards.
IMAG0078.jpg

Reactions: Shetland Wife

giltbrook

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2012
Near Nottingham
That looks good, but I would make a small adjustment and have the cable exit pointing slightly downwards, with the cable looped back up to stop any water collecting in the connector.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
There are pedal sensors with very small magnet discs designed for mounting to the left side of the BB, yours is not one of those.
Your shoe can easily knock the large magnet disc (if mounted on the left side) and brake the small plastic fingers that keep it tight against the bottom bracket spindle.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
when you take the bottom bracket out, you'll have the choice of where to install the pedal sensor. You don't have to buy a new sensor unless you have absolutely no space on the chain side. Turn the bike upside down and take a close up picture of the bottom bracket if you think you may run into some difficulty, we'll help you,

Shetland Wife

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks :D Just been on my first run out on the bike after my husband had his test ride lol and OMG I LOVE IT!!! Sorry for shouting but this is amazing and a new sense of freedom for me. It even handled some pretty steep hills. So thought I would share some pics with you all
I went down to see the seal pups and just see what else was down there we had orca's in Shetland the other day. Anyway there are more pics in the album below.

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/KristaKerosene/library/My First Ebike ride

Reactions: john h and D C

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:cool:Great news and well done SW and your OH, Its good to shout when elated just like Seb today in Malaysia. I suspect your OH will be soon getting the idea of a lecky bike as it will be hard to prise you off yours now :D.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Great. I'm happy it's worked for you.
All the girls have made a loud wee.. Or Ohh sound when they first try my wife's bike.
Your not alone.

Shetland Wife

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks everyone again! And I do think my Husband is already keen he was saying to friends last night how cool it was. I ended up going on 2 more rides after that and one to my friends house which I have never been able to do before and I just nearly burst into tears at the fact I can get out now :)

Reactions: D C and flecc
D

Deleted member 4366

You can now see how it all work. When you convert a bike from a kit, you have a modular system: bike, battery, motor, controller with control panel, sensors. Basically, it's a mix and match system. Any of the modules can be changed or upgraded in the future, so you won't have to bear the cost of a whole new kit if you decide that something needs to be changed.

Shetland Wife

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Okay another daft question. The back light on the battery doesn't seem to light up at all. I can't seem to figure it out. Could it have been that yellow cable that we didnt hook up that came from the battery??? If so my husband will be a bit raving when he finds out he has to open the evil controller box to get to the controller with its tons of wires he was ranting at lol. :)

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to take the red cover off the light to see what's inside. Sometimes, they just take two AA cells and have a switch on them. Others have a couple of LEDs, a resistor and a single terminal for a battery wire.

You don't have a switch for the lights on your control panel, so wherever you get the power from for the light, you will need to wire in a switch from the battery to a switch on the handlebars and back to the light. It would be easier to use a separate rear light with AA batteries and a Cree T6 LED one with a lithium rechargeable pack forthe front. You can get both from Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Is there a switch on the battery on the opposite side to the keyswitch? I've had a battery like this and there was a small black rocker switch for the light.

giltbrook

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2012
Near Nottingham
The light switches usually have to be pressed in and held in for a short time to switch on and off the lights, could that be the problem?

I have just had another look at the pictures, and on one close up of the rack, (picture below), it shows a red and a black wire, then a yellow wire disappearing through a hole, has that yellow wire accidentally found its way through that hole, and does it need (gently) pulling back through the hole to reveal the missing connector for the 'spare' yellow cable (you found coming from the control box) to connect to?

Last edited:

Shetland Wife

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Think rather than try to open up the control box I am going to get a separate rear light. I have a front one already. As I think it is a matter of connecting it up and we didnt think of that. Just wanted to add I did a 6 mile journey today up some big hills with gale force wind and snow and I loved every second of it. This freedom is amazing :D