Bosch Motor without Display

earwig

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2014
I am looking at future options for when I bin my Nyon display. As Bosch are so awkward about end users obtaining spare parts, instead of getting hold of an Intuvia has anyone heard of running a Bosch system without a display at all?

As I have a Garmin Edge system that actually works I don't need the Bosch junk, only the handlebar control. The display is the weakest link and just another thing to go wrong. Obviously I would have no indication of the power setting. Failing that I have seen a system in Gemany that does what the basic Bosch display should do and is also configurable and tunable. Has anyone used this? There was also another one on one of the crowdfunding websites.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I understand the Intuvia display will fit on the Nyon connection.

I will try it out if this weather improves and report back.

If it cocks up both bikes expect a bill.;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ooo does it wash the dishes :p Serious bit of kit at a serious price, lovely interface.

Tony

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I understand the Intuvia display will fit on the Nyon connection.

I will try it out if this weather improves and report back.

If it cocks up both bikes expect a bill.;)
I tried the Intuvia on the Nyon bike this morning, it worked as normal.

Are you having difficulty getting an Intuvia to replace the Nyon?

earwig

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2014
Would that be the COBI system? I've been helping them with some ideas...
Yes I think that was the one I saw. It looked very interesting, but looked like there was a long way to go. I thought about contacting them myself, but some of the crowdfunding stuff is just putting your time and money into the unknown. I would be interested in any further infoarmation you have gleaned about COBI.

The head unit acts as the immobiliser when off the bike.

Ahem.. It can be done!!
<---------- Hence the tagline beneath my name ;)
Sorry I replied to the wrong item when I saw the ref to COBI above. I thought I was replying to directly to the pdarnett item, but then my reply seems to have been cutoff anyway. This forum does not behave in the same way as another I have been using, so this thread is now a bit confused.

What is involved in running without a display Martin, it looks like a very useful option if it does not just mean plugging in an expensive diagnostic device instead.
Would that be the COBI system? I've been helping them with some ideas...

earwig

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2014
I tried the Intuvia on the Nyon bike this morning, it worked as normal.

Are you having difficulty getting an Intuvia to replace the Nyon?
I am having difficulties replying to the correct items today and strange things are happening to my posts but I will try again.

I was thinking of getting an Intuvia as a backup, but was putoff by the Bosch system of making it as awkward as possible for users to do anything for themselves. I was under the impression that head units had to be configured by a dealer for the specific bike. Is this not true, or can it just be done by the end user so you can swap beween bikes?

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
I am having difficulties replying to the correct items today and strange things are happening to my posts but I will try again.

I was thinking of getting an Intuvia as a backup, but was putoff by the Bosch system of making it as awkward as possible for users to do anything for themselves. I was under the impression that head units had to be configured by a dealer for the specific bike. Is this not true, or can it just be done by the end user so you can swap beween bikes?
You can simply order a Bosch Intuvia Performance display here and plug it straight on.. It will do everything you are looking to achieve.

FYI: The Active display won't work, and the Classic+ in not upwards compatible. So make sure to get the one in the link above.

earwig

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2014
When I looked at the website there was no info on ebike support. Now it mentions support for Bosch systems, but there is still so little detail that I don't know what I would be signing up to. In theory this should be exactly what many of us are looking for, but it may end up be just be another Nyon abortion. There are lots of pictures, but no detail - still a long way to go. I have signed up for the preorder information, but I am worried that this is just another (embedded) Android app in a fancy box.
I notice they are recruiting just 2 software developers and 7 marketeers. This could indicate where their priorities lie.

earwig

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2014
You can simply order a Bosch Intuvia Performance display here and plug it straight on.. It will do everything you are looking to achieve.

FYI: The Active display won't work, and the Classic+ in not upwards compatible. So make sure to get the one in the link above.
That is what I wanted to know Martin. It may be worth spelling this out and the plug compatibility bit on your website, so potential purchasers know they can just buy an Intuvia as a backup.

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Martin, I think you meant to copy the Intuvia Display Performance Line page rather than the Intuvia Display Active Line page here ... :)

Michael_COBI

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 24, 2015
Frankfurt am Main/Germany
Hey guys,

I just saw your forum and your discussion about COBI. Just want to let you know that I'm here if you've got any questions about our system.

COBI will be delivered this fall :)

@earwig
There are currently 15 software developers working on COBI.

Advertisers