Need help with identifying model of an adult electric 3 wheels bike

william45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2015
Hi there,

I just found the time to look into the controller box, What I found inside does not look very promising. Bundle of wires which were broken, then isolated with tape.
The wiring loom consists of 8 different coloured wires half way between the control box and the front wheel (drive motor) the wires had been cut and soldered back together. (can`t understand why it wasn’t just rewired) which is what I hope to find somebody to do. Within the control box some of the wires have had “additional” wires soldered on. And the controller box looks too small to accommodate the all wires .

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

That all looks prrtty bad. There's a fair chance that the hall sensors in the motor will have blown. If it's just the controller that needs replacing, you can get a sensorless one, which won't need the hall wires. You just need to connect the three main ones.

There's also a chance that the throttle and pedal sensors could have blown, so everything needs testing.

The first step should be to repair the obvious defective wires and then see if it works. The battery is the expensive thing. Do you know whether Batribike tested its capacity, or did they just stick a voltmeter on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

william45

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2015
That all looks prrtty bad. There's a fair chance that the hall sensors in the motor will have blown. If it's just the controller that needs replacing, you can get a sensorless one, which won't need the hall wires. You just need to connect the three main ones.

There's also a chance that the throttle and pedal sensors could have blown, so everything needs testing.

The first step should be to repair the obvious defective wires and then see if it works. The battery is the expensive thing. Do you know whether Batribike tested its capacity, or did they just stick a voltmeter on it?

The batterybike shop said they runed full battery test and battery was fine.I tried to refit some connectors ,which is quite difficult because the all wires a re intertwined and isolated with some black tape. Phoned couples shops today regarding rewiring , only one agreed to look at it in 2 month time. What kind of sensorlenehess controller I need , how expensive is it?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Controller will cost between £25-35 ish by the time its delivered.

Edit: I'm guessing it's a 15a one, from the part number which includes 3615.