Howdy

cogburn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2015
Hi everyone. I don't own an ebike but am looking to get one sometime soon. As I suffer with dodgy knees & have to contend with some rather steep hills I will be looking to ask questions. I have my eye on the 2015 cyclotricity stealth 1000w model (yes I know about the legal stuff). I want to use the bike for short distance commutes (no more than five or six miles each way) but want to do so with very little or no pedalling - even uphill!

C

Cyclezee

Hi Cogburn,

Welcome to the forum.

Thinking of alternatives, what about one of these http://www.scooter.co.uk/50cc-scooters-for-sale.html

29-2-1.jpg
for half the price of the electric bike you are thinking of, also if you don't bother with road tax, insurance, driving licence and helmet it will be just as legal.
download (2).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EddiePJ

cogburn

Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the friendly welcome cyclezee I now know where I won't be buying my bike from!

My bad however for failing to mention the hills (steep hills) I am talking about for my commute are off road woodland paths (I wouldn't be using the full power option on the roads) going off road to/from work means instead of eleven or so miles it would be about five or six.

Thanks again for your friendliness though.

cogburn

Aug 2, 2015
Not speed as such just able to go up steep inclines without pedaling or with absolute minimum effort. The route, out of my house & within 400 yards I'll be off road virtually all the way to work but hit a slight incline for half a mile or so before getting to the hilly bit. When off road uphill 15MPH. On road uphill (at 250w setting) the same speed. hope the journey off road should take about twenty to thirty minutes.

C

Cyclezee

(...sound of distant sirens....)

Whoop! Whoop! That's the sound the (fun) police.
download (2).jpeg = tongue in cheek.
Guess I better not mention the regulations about throttle assist or off road use, I will leave that to someone else to spoil the party.

Last edited by a moderator:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
buy a horse lol ;)