Kudos secret help with fitting clasp

James33

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 26, 2015
Hi everyone
I have purchased a kudos secret folding bike and it is fully assembled save for the clasp to secure the folding unit
I have a metal clasp and a linchpin that's all no instructions
How do I secure the clasp the pin has a screw in piece but I cant connect it and it looks like I need a special tool
Any help would be appreciated as bike looks great
James

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if it's like this one:

then there should be a piece of black plastic attached to the safety pin. After you unfold the bike, you rotate the black plastic piece clockwise to lock the lever securely to the frame.
The mechanism is similar to the Gallego in this picture:

James33

Aug 26, 2015
Can't post a picture
The clasp and pin were not attached to the bike
How do I fit it

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
from memory, look at the inside of the clasp, locate a silver post with a thread through it.
The latch consists of two vertical silver posts about 1 inch long, positioned on either side of the fold.
You install the long horizontal screw (about 5cm?) through the inside post using a 2mm or 3mm allen key. The long screw will push the right vertical side post toward the left vertital side post when you close the clasp. Make sure that the fold is secure when you close the clasp. When you are happy with the position of the long screw, look for a small grub screw from the underside of the clasp. Tighten it to lock the long screw and stop it from rotating.

Last edited:

James33

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for that
All I have is a clasp which is not attached to the bike -it came separate with a silver pin
I'll talk to kudos tomorrow
Thanks anyway
James

Advertisers