Windows 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have two iMacs, one at work and one at home, I also bought an iPad a couple of years ago for my wife, she didn't get on with it so now it is gathering dust.
Have you considered adoptiono_O
Will adopt dusty 2 year old iPad, no questions asked, will pay postage :rolleyes:

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Windows 10 not bad so far been using for 4 weeks? but still getting more interested in Zorin 9.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
But since I start my eightieth year today, I think it will be a far bigger struggle in a few years time when it all needs changing again, should I live that long!
.[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday - long life, good health and happiness (or, as one of my Gambian friends says, 'Happy Nest!')

C

Cyclezee

I start my eightieth year today, I think it will be a far bigger struggle in a few years time when it all needs changing again, should I live that long!
Hi Tony, does that mean you are 79? You certainly don't look it, all the best for the next decade....and beyond;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Tony, does that mean you are 79? You certainly don't look it, all the best for the next decade....and beyond;)
Thanks, yes, 79 now and enjoying it at least as much as earlier decades. On reflection, more than many earlier decades.

The downside is the rapidly increasing number of people I've known who've died, many of them much younger than me, which, because I'm in good health, seems both odd and unfair.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay
C

Cyclezee

Thanks, yes, 79 now and enjoying it at least as much as earlier decades. On reflection, more than many earlier decades.

The downside is the rapidly increasing number of people I've known who've died, many of them much younger than me, which, because I'm in good health, seems both odd and unfair.
I recently went to a 70th anniversary VJ Day commemoration in Scotland for survivors of Japanese POW camps, ironically but not surprising when you do the maths, there were none there, only their descendants.

Another irony, I am against nuclear weapons, but without them I would not be here.

Reactions: flecc

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I went to a kamikaze reunion dinner, they didn't turn up either.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Windows 10 not bad so far been using for 4 weeks? but still getting more interested in Zorin 9.
As it's a wet and windy day today I thought I would burn a copy of Zorin 9 and try it.
I've not installed it (yet) but it's Impressively fast even just booted from the live dvd and I assume will easily beat windows for speed when fully installed.
I used to dual boot Linux Mint with XP untill I bought a couple of new computers with windows 7 installed and liked it so much that I haven't used Linux since.
I think I may just stick with 7 till Microsoft finally pull the plug.
I know Linux is free but I'm quite suspicious of Microsoft encouraging me to upgrade for free.
Dave.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
As it's a wet and windy day today I thought I would burn a copy of Zorin 9 and try it.
I've not installed it (yet) but it's Impressively fast even just booted from the live dvd and I assume will easily beat windows for speed when fully installed.
I used to dual boot Linux Mint with XP untill I bought a couple of new computers with windows 7 installed and liked it so much that I haven't used Linux since.
I think I may just stick with 7 till Microsoft finally pull the plug.
I know Linux is free but I'm quite suspicious of Microsoft encouraging me to upgrade for free.
Dave.
The more I use Zorin the better I like it and seems to be very stable? more so on an old machine or laptop.

Reactions: D C

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I was quite happy with W10 then a few settings changed or couldn't be changed then my notebook started playing up. Prompted to upgrade to the anniversary edition took nearly 2 days of downloading and computer configuring/updating.
Things are better now, settings can be changed but browsing with Bing is crap and having multiple tabs in the header bar can hit and miss. Anyone else having recent issues ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try google chrome for a web browser win 10 sucks and it eats ram..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hoping things are near normal now as have trouble shooted my interent set up and windows has made some changes to network adapters ( what ever that means) ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i get so many warnings and errors in the event viewer i just gave up with it and trying to fix them.

had hardly any on win 7 ultimate and woke up one day and was now on win 10 wtf.

mine uses 4gb of ram doing nothing so if you want it to run faster up that ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks SW sounds all gibberish to me esp having to get more sheep for my notebook.
If it allows will give GC a try.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will have to google the model of it to find out if you can add more sheep.

4 8 16 32gb it goes up in its just what that mother board in it can use size wise.

there should be 2 panels on the bottom 1 for the hdd and one for the sheep but if not major headache adding more sheep in it.

for win 10 8gb recommended and 16gb will be a lot better.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My machine says its 1GHZ and 4gb of sheep, it also says I have 3.4gb of sheep usable.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ctrl shift and escape will bring up task manager so tell you what is using what.

1ghz cpu is not to good so might be that maxing out.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You appear to understand techy stuff so will put some trust in what you say.
Memory is at 51% and cpu is running up to 98%. Is there something I can do without upgrading cpu to make it more efficient ? Can I disable certain features ? I only use this for browsing and general internet use , no gaming or silly stuff like that, very little downloading .

Advertisers