Mud guards...

Bee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2015
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice regarding mud guards. I have a hybrid bike with disc brakes front and rear. I'd like full length mud guards for 700c tyres, but I'm struggling to find any that can fit round the disc brakes or callipers. And if like full length to keep spray of my battery and wires.

Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice regarding mud guards. I have a hybrid bike with disc brakes front and rear. I'd like full length mud guards for 700c tyres, but I'm struggling to find any that can fit round the disc brakes or callipers. And if like full length to keep spray of my battery and wires.

Thanks
How about this full length set with mud flaps from Halfords on this link?

Wiggle also have a range on this link, including the Raceblade Long set.

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
You may need bend the mudguard arms to avoid the calliper, or on one of my cross bikes I ended up just cutting one side off and put a plastic cap on to pretty it up a bit.

John

bayraider

Jul 25, 2015
You may need bend the mudguard arms to avoid the calliper, or on one of my cross bikes I ended up just cutting one side off and put a plastic cap on to pretty it up a bit.

John
How about this full length set with mud flaps from Halfords on this link?

Wiggle also have a range on this link, including the Raceblade Long set.
Hi all,

Thanks
Did you manage to sort the mudguards for your bike? What make of bike is it?

Bee

Apr 10, 2015

Bee

Apr 10, 2015

John
Did the mudguard stay in place okay with it only being supported on one side? Or am I misunderstanding what you have done.

bayraider

Jul 25, 2015
Not yet. I suspect I'll need to do a bit of DIY to get the mud guard stays to fit, which I'm not made keen on in case I break it. Which I find strange as I normally like a bit of DIY, I think this time I feel it'll be too annoying.

My biking is a Viking Urban Legend (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Viking-Urban-Legend-Gents-Hybrid/dp/B004XBTYYU)
Ok. I definitely agree with full length if you want to try and keep clean and with the advice above re bending the stays to avoid contact with disc etc. I fitted SKS to my bike which also has Suntour forks and discs. The most difficult part was working out how the fixings went together - which is very clever. Lots of videos about too.
If you want help with sizing talk to one of the online cycle shops and they will tell you what size, depending on the make. They were really helpful.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Here's what I have done.You have remined me I need to replace my nuts for a spacer.

Last edited:

Advertisers