How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Eddie I bought a KTM Ultra 1964 650B Ltd Edition hard tail on a ride to work scheme. It seemed the best £950 worth I could find at the time. I was a little sceptical about the special edition bit but I have to say I have been very impressed by it. A really good hard tail. All the better as the ride to work scheme meant that the real cost was much less.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Good man, I really love mine. :)

Even my odd mix of tyre choice work very well with it. I've put a Rocket Ron on the rear, and just kept the Racing Ralph on the front. I jump on it after riding the e-bike, and can't believe just how effortlessly easy that it is to ride.

At the other end of the scale, I also really love the Myroon, but sadly can neither afford or justify one.

Last edited:
Reactions: greggster

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The sign was outside a carpark on Ashdown Forest.

It wasn't the best of rides today. The mud was just so heavy going, and horses had wrecked all of the bridleways. On the road sections, I reckon that seemingly every other car driver was trying wipe me out.

Too far out of your way, but the only good bit of the ride was the coffee and chocolate stop at the Cats Protection at Chelwood Gate.

Last edited:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Not ebike related, but off-road of sorts, with mud a common theme. I could do with Eddie's bike cleaning skills keeping these two bikes running now. oh and yes we have snow, quite a bit more here than in the photos taken in Sheffield.
cross sheffield 007.jpg cross sheffield 005.jpg

Reactions: EddiePJ

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Great to see the kids out enjoying their bike xing.

Reactions: Artstu

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Thanks Artstu, that photo has made my day. :)

Kids and bikes, what a healthy attitude towards life. :)

You have reminded of the lad that was on the Wiggle ride back in February. Half the riders seemingly quit and didn't finish, I've never been so wet and cold on a bike before, the conditions could not have been worse, then you see a lad like this.

It was actually unsafe to ride where these photos were taken. Many including myself, were blown from the bikes, and it was almost impossible to get back on. Fair play to the lad, he remains my hero.

I was also in contact with his his mum a few days later to show my admiration towards him, and she told me that he cleaned his bike back up later that day, and rode it school the very next day. I completed the long route, and he had done the shorter 15 mile route, and I reckon that it must have felt like 50 to him. What a star.

This was my bike on the same ride!

Last edited:

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I remember when you posted that at the time Eddie, he's got true grit that's for sure.
Grace did her first sportive aged 7, it was my first one too, and her mum made me do it on my non-electric bike.
She did that much last year, she won the Derbyshire junior sports person of the year award. She had done a lot more than mentioned in the article.
She can climb hills faster than me, she's even got some Strava QOM's when carrying her Mum's phone!

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/local-sport/night-to-remember-at-school-sport-awards-for-high-peak-duo-1-7486556

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
All very quiet, no one been out?

I've had to lay off riding over the last week, due to a flair up with the knee injury again. As usual, it was fine on Friday, when I went for physiotherapy at the hospital.

I'm hopefully back out tomorrow night for ride, but suspect that things are going to be very muddy and nasty.

On the plus side of the week, I now have two more orange an black items. ;)

Despite having ridden approx 3.5k of predominantly off road miles so far this year, my non cycling muscles are in a hell of a mess, which is doing my knees no favours. With continued daily training and exercise in mind to try to sort the situation out, I managed to bag this 'as new' bargain multi gym for £41.00 on Ebay. I also only had to drive ten miles to collect it. Around here, £41.00 is less than a months gym membership.

The second black and orange object, you will just have to wait for. :)

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Not been out on the bike for weeks now due to incessant rain and relentless mud.. but have had a few long distance walks in the Yorkshire dales and the Lake District it's not as much fun as the Haibike but at least it's out. Got yourself a bit of a bargain with the multi gym all you need is the iron will to use it. Shame about the colour though!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
now this is a mobility scooter ;)

just add 2 of these.

and smile to fire id always run out of ammo lol

total cost 1.5 million 1 for bot and 250 us for guns tho uk law can only have single shot 50 cal ;(

greggster

Pedelecer
Oct 18, 2015
I want one!

Nice deal Eddie, great colours too, what a result!

I haven't been out for a week, migraines, yuk. On the mend now though so hopefully later on this week I'll be on the KTM again [emoji3]

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It's certainly wet out there Greggster.

Not the best of photos from tonight's very windy, very wet and muddy ride. Good to be out though. :)
The lad that I ride with is usually very consistent and smooth with his riding and never falls off, but fell of five or six times tonight, much to my amusement! :) I'd did come very close at one point though, and it only speed that stopped me from falling.

Back out Wednesday evening :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
SRS, I was half thinking about doing the Wiggle ride this coming Saturday, and glanced at the video from 2014, and it appears that there is a glimpse of use both at roughly the 1.02 point. I seem to recall the guy with the camera in the water.

Last edited:

Advertisers