Haibike sduro hardtail 27"

martinb

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
Leicestershire
image.jpg My Mate has just had his Haibike stolen from outside Halfords in Leicester ( St Margaret Way )
Left for 5 minutes with a top range lock secured to the Halfords cycle rack.
Came out to find bike and lock gone no CCTV. Reported to the Police but they don't seem particularly interested.
He had removed the head unit.

Haibike sduro Hardtail 27" 50cm frame, Yamaha motor in Grey and Lime green. Identical to mine

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Where's a bit of leprosy when it's wanted? Hope their fingers drop off.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
My Mate has just had his Haibike stolen from outside Halfords in Leicester ( St Margaret Way )
Left for 5 minutes with a top range lock secured to the Halfords cycle rack.
Came out to find bike and lock gone no CCTV. Reported to the Police but they don't seem particularly interested.
My local Halfords always has a bearded fat bloke from some parking company, patrolling the carpark.
Whenever me and missus visit, we play a game of spot the fat bloke lol.

It has a 2 hour parking limit, and I guess the Gimli clone slaps a fine on your car as soon as you exceed the time limit.

Maybe yours has something similar and the bloke has witnessed the theft.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Haibike coming to Gumtree or Fleabay near to you soon, probably by the end of the week, eyes peeled everyone.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Have you notified the dealer you bought it from to be on the look out?

martinb

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Yes our local dealer has been notified and has also contacted Raleigh with the ID number to prevent anyone ordering a head unit or charger.

Originally informed the head units are coded to individual bike but that seems not to be the case with the latest info.

In response to an earlier suggestion there is no security or car park attendant at the Leicester halfords.
He contacted the Manager and he also stated it was a common occurrence.
I THINK WE SHOULD ALL BE AWARE

He had an abus D Lock which was not found at the scene and no follow up from the police

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
In response to an earlier suggestion there is no security or car park attendant at the Leicester halfords.
He contacted the Manager and he also stated it was a common occurrence.
So I take it that the Halford's manager told him it was a common occurrence?

If that is the case, then Halfords should be ashamed of themselves for not having better security around the bike rack :mad:

Considering a large part of their business is bikes, they should expect riders to tip up and want to lock their bikes up in an area where it won't be robbed.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Really sorry to hear about you getting your bike nicked. I use a Kryptonite D lock but may not feel as confident leaving my own sDuro Yamaha after hearing about what happened to you.

martinb

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
Leicestershire
It's still not been recovered and had an abus gold D lock.
Having viewed a few videos on YouTube it seems none are that theft proof

Vasilis_Pap

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2015
Shame. Goes to show that nowdays you need more than one lock even for a r minute job! And definitely insurance.

Lardo

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2014
For my motorbike I use an Almax immobilizer 19mm chain but it is far too heavy for cycling.

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
What a shame for your friend.
All scroats like that should be put on an island together to let them get on with it.
Halfords attitude is a disgrace.

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
https://www.bikeregister.com

If I go to big shops, Halfords, Asda etc and am at all worried I just take it in with me. Naebody minds.

Always assume CCTV is useless, unmaintained, not recording or only useful for the shop and not for you.

Activate a gumtree/ebay/preloved search notification and it may reappear.

bigearsbilly

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2016
thats gutting. I had a motorbike stolen recently and it make you sick. Some little scum is walking around with your work.
Even worse to hear an Abus D lock is no protection.
What the hell is the answer?

Is there a thread on best security?

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I try and take mine into shops - local bike shop has bike racks outside but recommends riders bring their bikes into the shop - also has racks inside - perhaps halfords should follow suit ??