Introduction......It's all about me y'see ;-)

DannnyC61

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2015
OK, hello everyone.
My name is Danny and I am from Benfleet in Essex.
61YO with 3 sons and 2.1 grandsons (latest one is on the way) and a dabbler in bike building.
On my second recumbent trike build and now adding e-assist.
A Bafang 8-FUN is being added up the sharp end of my Tadpole trike to augment my pathetic pedalling with my total hip replacement left leg. Am friends with D8VEH on here (Hi Dave) and hoping to have a lot of fun this Spring on a biking Weekend in Holland. Already have plans (in the back of my head) for another bike but maybe with a cyclone unit instead of the Bafang. Time will tell, of course. All a bit new to this so have already asked a few daft questions. Laterzzzz. Dan.

Reactions: James Smalley

James Smalley

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2016
Hi And welcome. Looking forward to reading and seeing you bike builds if you are going to share them on here. I have a interest in trikes for a my later years ... not that far away :)

DannnyC61

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2015
Well, look at that. Will it be street legal?
Quite possibly. You might think it was going a bit fast officer, but that's because I was going downhill. It's only a BBS01 and the rating plate says 250W 15A. But looks can be deceiving I find. Gearing is a Sturmey Archer 3 x 8 hub so I am hoping for a reasonable top speed on the flat.

Last edited:

DannnyC61

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2015
Just a quick update...... finally put power on the trike today and ... BIG GRINS.
It all works and I am hoping to test ride at the W/E. I need to do some tidying up of cables and some safety stuff first though. Finished making the battery rack and ordered some velcro tie-down straps to hold the battery in place.

Reactions: Karl_Sheldon