Bosch nyon head unit

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Hi
Apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong area but it seemed the only place too put it
Looking for a little advice on a nyon head unit
Its only done 85miles on road and never been used in the rain so is in a1 condition
My question is whats it worth
Thanks in advance
Paul

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they go for around 250-300 on ebay 1s i have seen

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Hi Thanks for that , I hadn't seen any second hand ones for sale so was just trying to get a price too list one , thanks again

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
dont you get on with it paul?
Hi, it's not that as much as I think it's too much for an off road bike , I spend my time looking for the next corner and decent not how many calories I've burnt , if it was road work only I think I would be more into it

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
I've recently stripped to frame and rebuilt my Scott eAspect 710 after being seriously muddied up off road, and decided that as I'll be using it for 80% tarmac it needed modifying somewhat.
I've essentially made it a commuter bike by changing out the tyres to Big Ben's at high pressure, added bar ends for a change of position on my 2 hour round trip to work, Topeak mudguards, 18 tooth sprocket, lights and also the Nyon upgrade.
Finding the Nyon far better than I thought it'd be, and am actually using some of the modes such as Fitness and the personalised settings through the App.
Didn't think I'd like it, but the latest updates seem to have made it far more practical on road. I will still use the Intuvia Off road though, as it's cheaper to replace when the inevitable tumble occurs.

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
I've recently stripped to frame and rebuilt my Scott eAspect 710 after being seriously muddied up off road, and decided that as I'll be using it for 80% tarmac it needed modifying somewhat.
I've essentially made it a commuter bike by changing out the tyres to Big Ben's at high pressure, added bar ends for a change of position on my 2 hour round trip to work, Topeak mudguards, 18 tooth sprocket, lights and also the Nyon upgrade.
Finding the Nyon far better than I thought it'd be, and am actually using some of the modes such as Fitness and the personalised settings through the App.
Didn't think I'd like it, but the latest updates seem to have made it far more practical on road. I will still use the Intuvia Off road though, as it's cheaper to replace when the inevitable tumble occurs.
my thoughts on the off road too , if it doesn't sell I will keep it and keep it for the road

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sell it and be done with it. :)

Not before I list mine though. ;)

I've held off listing mine on Ebay, as I suspect that it has the potential to be a nightmare.
Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but in my head, someone will buy it, I'll post it, they fit it, and then the problems begin when it isn't compatible or doesn't work on their bike. Then PayPal get involved, suspend the payment, and it goes down hill from there on in.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
put it for sale on here some one will buy it if cheap enough say 200 quid.

just if they want to use pay pal do it as a gift payment

Reactions: Izzyekerslike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Sell it and be done with it. :)

Not before I list mine though. ;)

I've held off listing mine on Ebay, as I suspect that it has the potential to be a nightmare.
Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but in my head, someone will buy it, I'll post it, they fit it, and then the problems begin when it isn't compatible or doesn't work on their bike. Then PayPal get involved, suspend the payment, and it goes down hill from there on in.
There speaks the voice of bitter experience!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nah, I just based it upon a predication, that given how often the topic of problems with Nyon crops up on here, that I would be the one to cop it come an Ebay sale. That would be the way that my luck would run. :(

My Nyon is actually brand new, supplied direct from Bosch with the latest software updates, and I haven't even picked it up and looked at it, let alone turned it on.
The leads, mount etc are used though.

Last edited:

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Nah, I just based it upon a predication, that given how often the topic of problems with Nyon crops up on here, that I would be the one to cop it come an Ebay sale. That would be the way that my luck would run. :(

My Nyon is actually brand new, supplied direct from Bosch with the latest software updates, and I haven't even picked it up and looked at it, let alone turned it on.
The leads, mount etc are used though.
If it's come from bosch surely there is a warranty with the unit...? It would also be able to be sold as unopened and directly from the manufacturer.

Reactions: EddiePJ