Recommended Seller for 36V Freego vertical type battery pack

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I wish they could deliver to France... There are French companies that will do all that for... twice the price :eek:

wightrider

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2015
There must be other companies doing this stuff surely? Insat do other kinds of electrical work too. Interestingly they said that the demand for Lithium Ion batteries has rocketed now that car manufacturers are buying loads for new electric/hybrid cars and there are currently a limited number of factories producing good ones (not Chinese copies). This has lead to them becoming more expensive and harder to find/purchase. I would hope that normal market factors would dictate that more quality manufacturing factories are born otherwise this new car technology won't take off. Lithium is rather common on Planet Earth after all.

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
WelI have just sent my Wisper battery to be re-celled so am hoping it lives up to everyones comments.

They are charging £250 for 36V 14ah, by comparison a new Wisper battery is £500.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's billions being invested in battery technology. We keep seeing break-throughs being announced, but during the 6 years I've been involved, no break-throughs have been realised; however, we do get a 10% to 20% improvement every year, so batteries are becoming smaller, lighter and more powerful for roughly the same cost. In the meantime, there'll be plenty of work for Insatinternational.

There's many difficult obstacles to overcome to be a commercial battery repairer, which is why there's not many around. Jimmy at Insat is very passionate about what he's doing and the associated technology, which might have something to do with his success. Maybe he'll get harvested by Apple or hoovered up by Dyson because People that know about this stuff are very much in demand, so get his services while you can.

wightrider

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2015
Totally agree d8veh. It was Jimmy's extensive knowledge and his willingness to talk at length to me that made me realise I was talking to the right guy. I hate it when you speak to a repairer of things and it dawns on you that you actually know more than them.
I just got the harvested and hoovered references....very good, I will have to read your posts more carefully from now on lol! :D

wightrider

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2015
Well I've done a few commutes and using the battery on medium assist with a little accelerator use on the flat and I reckon the battery is good for 45 miles using in this way so on low assist without use of the accelerator I reckon you could push 60 miles on it but that's just an extrapolatory guess. That's pretty good I think...and all crammed into the smaller 10Ah case. Had a good ride yesterday on my commute and actually came across some bikes for a change. I'm sorry to say I shamelessly blasted past 6 riders on varying terrains. Best one was up a gravelly and sandy track across the middle of a wind blown, exposed field. It's a real strength sapper but the bike takes it in it's stride and shot past 2 other riders. I was trying to get home as quickly as possible rather than show off but the guilt faded quite quickly ha ha ;)

Advertisers