E bikes help to make riding standard bikes easier

Electric daz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2016
Cardiff
11kg is an estimated weight but it feels halve the weight of my ebike and that's marked up as 23kg ( please don't take things so seriously )

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
'normal' bike is 11kg? Hmmmm. OK. If you say so.

I was in Richmond park the other day and there was a guy there with a bike that looked utterly and completely and unbelievably fancy. Like the whole thing was made out of nano-molecules or something. I asked him if I could touch it he said sure go ahead so I picked it up and be-jesus it weighed like NOTHING. He said it actually weighed 6.7kg. Wow. He also said he paid £12,000 for it. Another 'wow'.

But.

I wouldn't swap it for mine.

Mine has an engine.

:)
My cube triple crank road bike cost £750 and weighs 8.7kg. So £11,250 to shed 2kg is one hell of a diet..
'normal' bike is 11kg? Hmmmm. OK. If you say so.

I was in Richmond park the other day and there was a guy there with a bike that looked utterly and completely and unbelievably fancy. Like the whole thing was made out of nano-molecules or something. I asked him if I could touch it he said sure go ahead so I picked it up and be-jesus it weighed like NOTHING. He said it actually weighed 6.7kg. Wow. He also said he paid £12,000 for it. Another 'wow'.

But.

I wouldn't swap it for mine.

Mine has an engine.

:)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And there is another word that's not in my vocabulary.. 200km my longest ride last year was 40 miles
Ah ha! After Eddie and his similar altitude gain to my train run Phill only does 40 miles! <nefarious laughter> I am on a winning streak! :D

45 miles is my common distance but only because I have had a small battery until now!

My vengeance will be without mercy! I will climb higher and ride further!

Oh sorry got carried away after a wonderful evening in S. Sebastain... :oops:

Reactions: EddiePJ and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
S.Sabastain sounds better than Shoreham.

Reactions: EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I met a very nice English/French family at the station and the parents/grandparents had ridden bicycles up from Spain to Brittany... <!@µ£¤> and other words you can't use on forums, very nice though...