Cube RFR Suspension Seatpost

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Bought one of these to see if it would provide more comfy bum on the rough stuff.

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube-rfr-suspension-seatpost-27.2x300mm-501489

2016-06-15-198.jpg

Worked out at £15.25 including postage to the UK. Took a total of 5 days to arrive, but that did include the weekend, so thumbs up to Bike-Discount for the quick delivery from Germany.

It was well packed, so arrived in excellent condition. I could moan that it was a bit over packaged, which might not appeal to eco friendly consumers, but at least any fragile bike parts would arrive safely.

The odd thing about this product, is the website says it's a Cube RFR seatpost, but I could see no mention of Cube on the actual product or in the instructions. Also, the seatpost has the Ready For Race (RFR) graphic on it, but the instructions state Tranz X components with no mention of RFR?

Anyway, no problem for me. I'm not bothered who makes it, as long as it does a good job.

It was very easy to fit. Took old seat post out, removed seat and fitted seat onto new seatpost. There's a pre-load suspension adjustment nut, that allows you to dial out most of the sag when you sit down.
I increased the pre-load a couple of turns and left it at that. This particular version is for 80 - 120 kg rider weight, so as I am 80kg's, felt I needed very little pre-load.

Seat angle is catered for too, and once this is set, all you need to do is torque down the hex bolts.

The first few miles of riding with this seatpost felt weird. It has a lovely smooth up and down motion that dampens all but the worst of the bumps. The reason I say it felt weird, is that I thought I had low pressure in my rear tyre at first.

It was of course the seatpost doing its job and you soon get used to the extra comfort it provides.

I tested it on a piece of ground I knew rattled my teeth with the old seatpost. It really soaked up the worst of the terrain, and I didn't feel the need to yell out expletives as I rode lol.

For a tad over 15 quid, you can't go wrong with this product. It might not satisfy the MTB pros, but I would certainly recommend this for the novice to intermediate mountain bikers, and everyday commuters.

Just be sure to order the correct seat tube diameter and tube length, when buying any replacement seatpost!

Last edited:
Reactions: falmouthtony

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Looks alright that does.....
I've never liked the look of the Suntour NCX and i definitely dont like the price of it..... If i needed a suss seat post, i would give one of these a go for the price.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Bought one of these to see if it would provide more comfy bum on the rough stuff.

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube-rfr-suspension-seatpost-27.2x300mm-501489

View attachment 14378

Worked out at £15.25 including postage to the UK. Took a total of 5 days to arrive, but that did include the weekend, so thumbs up to Bike-Discount for the quick delivery from Germany.

It was well packed, so arrived in excellent condition. I could moan that it was a bit over packaged, which might not appeal to eco friendly consumers, but at least any fragile bike parts would arrive safely.

The odd thing about this product, is the website says it's a Cube RFR seatpost, but I could see no mention of Cube on the actual product or in the instructions. Also, the seatpost has the Ready For Race (RFR) graphic on it, but the instructions state Tranz X components with no mention of RFR?

Anyway, no problem for me. I'm not bothered who makes it, as long as it does a good job.

It was very easy to fit. Took old seat post out, removed seat and fitted seat onto new seatpost. There's a pre-load suspension adjustment nut, that allows you to dial out most of the sag when you sit down.
I increased the pre-load a couple of turns and left it at that. This particular version is for 80 - 120 kg rider weight, so as I am 80kg's, felt I needed very little pre-load.

Seat angle is catered for too, and once this is set, all you need to do is torque down the hex bolts.

The first few miles of riding with this seatpost felt weird. It has a lovely smooth up and down motion that dampens all but the worst of the bumps. The reason I say it felt weird, is that I thought I had low pressure in my rear tyre at first.

It was of course the seatpost doing its job and you soon get used to the extra comfort it provides.

I tested it on a piece of ground I knew rattled my teeth with the old seatpost. It really soaked up the worst of the terrain, and I didn't feel the need to yell out expletives as I rode lol.

For a tad over 15 quid, you can't go wrong with this product. It might not satisfy the MTB pros, but I would certainly recommend this for the novice to intermediate mountain bikers, and everyday commuters.

Just be sure to order the correct seat tube diameter and tube length, when buying any replacement seatpost!
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered one just. As you say, cheap as chips. Cheaper if you want a couple of fish as well !!!! :)