2017 KTM news...

Thought we'd start a thread to show you all the new 2017 things as and when we can.

First up is the new Macina Frodo. Hardtail, Bosch, 27.5+ wheel size with the new WP inverted suspension forks. New KTM frames with the more integrated looking battery and motor will be arriving spring 2017, so are a good while off. RRP was set to start from €3499 - €4499

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Great idea to offer a plus size hardtail.

Very few 2016 ranges include one, which made my recent search fairly short and sweet.

Any idea of ballpark weight?

Reactions: LeighPing

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Everthing after pg 56 has:

"Oops! There was a problem loading this page."

The downloaded PDF has all the pages. No Panasonic hub version I see - has the new Panasonic centre motor superseded it?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Seems to work here, and for others, perhaps you can try again.

The Panasonic centre motor on the Amparo bikes is the same one we've been using for years.

Brochure isn't complete, and there are some mistakes in it, so please don't pay too much attention to some of the details as its constantly evolving at the moment. This current version is number 9.

For instance the graphics on the Macina Freeze haven't been made yet, so it just shows as black. Its not going to be plain black.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
KTM have a superb design ethos with some of the best looking e-bikes in their line up.
I am a little biased though because i own a KTM 500 EXC converted to supermoto,its looking like my next e-bike will be a ktm as well.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Batteries are becoming more inter grated into the design, but not fully yet like Bulls, BHemotion Giant and Specialized. Pity.

• Informative

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Hi Crockers... different drive suppliers have different systems.

You should see a Shimano Steps 2017 KTM eMTB later this season which is pretty much fully integrated. The Bosch batteries don't lend themselves to full integration for a number of reasons, so this is about as close as KTM want to get with the current design.
Hi

Have you seen the moustache Bosch bikes....a fully integrated battery. So it can be done.

• Informative
Hi

Have you seen the moustache Bosch bikes....a fully integrated battery. So it can be done.
Yes, sorry that's why I was a bit vague with my reply. I said "don't lend themselves to integration" not that its impossible - it can be done. But KTM have a number of reasons why they don't want to go down the full integration route, clearly Moustache have gone the other way, and will have their reasons.

• Informative

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Yes, sorry that's why I was a bit vague with my reply. I said "don't lend themselves to integration" not that its impossible - it can be done. But KTM have a number of reasons why they don't want to go down the full integration route, clearly Moustache have gone the other way, and will have their reasons.
Now you have me both intrigued and confused...

Intrigued as to why and confused as to is there a problem doing so