Problem with battery for Woosh Big Bear

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
I was riding my Big Bear up a long steep hill today, and the power suddenly cut out half way up the hill and the kingmeter went dead, and I couldn't get it to work again and I had to cycle the rest of the trip unpowered. The problem occurred about six miles into the ride and the battery had been fully charged before the trip and was working fine until this happened. I have a second battery for the bike, and I rode the bike with the second battery later in the day and it worked fine. I charged the batteries afterwards and they both charged as normal, going from red to green when they had finished charging. I then tested the faulty battery again and it still didn't work. The faulty battery had been working fine before the problem occurred, and it did not appear to be nearing the end of its life. The battery is not under guarantee any more and so I would have to pay to get it fixed. I make a lot of long trips and I need two batteries rather than just one, and I really do need for this battery to work again. Could anyone tell me what the problem is likely to be? Thanks for any help you can give me.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Have you checked the battery fuses ?

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep, check the battery fuse located on the same side as the charge jack plug but by the docking connection under the oblong grommet.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
on the Big Bear, the fuse is a glass fuse, below the lock ring, controller side, marked 'FUSE'. Use a large crosshead screwdriver, turn (a quarter turn?) anti-clockwise to open it.

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Apologies if I was wrong, was thinking it would be fitted with 09 dolphin style battery.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you have to most unreliable motor on your bike FACT and proven time and again and you paid thousands for it pmsl ;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Don't waste your fingers typing SW it is a troll.

Reactions: damian

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for your replies guys. I'll take a look at the fuse now. Thinking about it, it does seem likely that the fuse might have blown. Sorry for the newbie question, but if I need to replace the fuse, where would I obtain a replacement fuse from? Is there a specific kind of fuse I would need?
And I'd be inclined to disagree with the above poster. I think Woosh are a great company and have high quality bikes. The Big Bear is a wonderful bike and is also immensely powerful with its BPM motor, especially in terms of its hill climbing ability. I've owned a Salisbury Powacycle in the past as well as a Chinese folding electric mountain bike, and the Big Bear completely outclasses both of those in its hill climbing performance and in several other respects too (battery range etc.).

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
  • Useful
Reactions: IR772

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks Trex. I don't have a tester, but tonight I'll try what you've suggested and see what happens.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH