Greetings from the South Coast of England

Vialli

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Fareham, Hampshire
Good afternoon everyone,

I purchased a 17" Carrera Crossfire-E Mens Electric Bike a couple of weeks ago, after 40 years of cycling on a variety of bikes. I'm 5" 7 and the bike is a perfect fit and it definitely adds a new dimension to the cycling experience.
My initial impressions are pretty favourable, although I have had the motor\LED display cut out 3 or 4 times so am keeping an eye on that.
Also, it cost £999.99 but is retailing (5 days after purchase) for £799.99 so was a bit miffed that Halfords didn't give me the heads up as they must have known about the imminent price cut. No reply to my emails yet....It is a steal at 20% off though, I would suggest.

A question for anyone who can help? Which cycle rack would you recommend for (or use with) the Carrera Crossfire-E? I have one on my previous bike, Cube Nature, but this is way to narrow to fit on the wider rear of the Carerra.

Many thanks,
DSC_0308.JPG DSC_0307.JPG

Jon

• Useful
Reactions: Jain

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Jon and welcome. I have a converted Crossfire and it's proving to be a fine bike. I removed the small front ring to accomodate the PAS ring, leaving me with 16 gears.
Don't know about a rack, but mine took the standard battery rack that came with the kit, so I don't think the back end is particularly wide. Frame looks to be the same as mine.
p.s. I'd get some longer mudguards, personal choice!DSCF2965.JPG

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Halfords prices yo yo up & down like a whores knickers..... it will be back at £1K soon. The trick with Halfords is always wait til their next sale reductions, they come around quite regular.
Not much use to you now and i sympathise with you paying 200 sovs extra.

I use a seat post rack, but they aren't really any good for panniers. I just use a small tail pack on it.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Jain

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I put a Giant rack on my old bike and now have a Tubus. How wide is it? Can't be wider than 135 mm standard dropouts.

Vialli

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Fareham, Hampshire
Thanks for the feedback, I'd say the rear is about 6cm wider than a standard bike due to the electric motor.
I have Googled without getting much information back.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No rulers, tape measures, laser distance calculators at home? :p

Looking at photos of both bikes I can't see any difference in width, most bikes have 135 mm width at the dropout. Some bikes are 145 mm wide but that isn't anything to stop fitting a rack.

I bought my current rack knowing that it is too small for the tyres I have mounted but everything just squeezed in with tightish clearance. I didn't even have to cut out slots in the mudguards.

Both racks required some bending of the tubes to get them to attach to the top of the frame but it is clearly described in the instructions.

Moorlie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2016
Hampshire
A question for anyone who can help? Which cycle rack would you recommend for (or use with) the Carrera Crossfire-E?
Jon, be sure to post back when you do get around to fitting a rack. I for one am interested.