Winston Churchill's grandson buys ebike.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes he has Dave, it's the top pf the range Abus Bordo Granit X Plus folding lock supplied with the bike by On Your Bike London Bridge.

https://www.abus.com/uk/Mobile-Security/Bike-Safety-and-Security/Locks/Folding-locks/Bordo-GRANIT-X-Plus-6500

All the best, David
He's probably parks in the House of Commons car park during the day, perfectly safe. Ever since terrorists planted a bomb in MP Airey Neave's car while it was in there, killing him, the security has been impeccable.

Would that we all had parking that secure.

• Agree
Reactions: RobF
D

Deleted member 18370

I can never forget how one his mistresses described having sex with him,

"It was like having a wardrobe fall on you, with the key still in the lock."

• Disagree
Reactions: 1 person

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
That's right Flecc, he and Kit Mulhouse MP keep their Wispers in the Portcullis House or House of Commons car parks. Perfectly safe.

All the best, David

Reactions: flecc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
That's right Flecc, he and Kit Mulhouse MP keep their Wispers in the Portcullis House or House of Commons car parks. Perfectly safe.

All the best, David
You've done well getting in with the parliamentarians.

Could lead to a daisy chain of sales, and won't do you any harm when you have your ebike trade representative hat on.

• Agree

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Rob, that's what we figured. It's been a real pleasure dealing with these guys. We all read the bad press, however when dealing with them on a one to one basis they are great guys. Not even a hint of a freebie or even a discount, both insisted on paying full price for the bikes and accessories. Both sales went through local dealers. All good!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You've done well getting in with the parliamentarians.

Could lead to a daisy chain of sales, and won't do you any harm when you have your ebike trade representative hat on.
Just reward, with his BEBA* hat on David was involved in obtaining an e-bike lobbyist in parliament (Lord Laird) to look after all of our e-biking interests by speaking up for us. Also the e-biking demonstrations giving MPs a chance to ride them and see what they were about.

* British Electric Bike Association.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks Rob, that's what we figured. It's been a real pleasure dealing with these guys. We all read the bad press, however when dealing with them on a one to one basis they are great guys. Not even a hint of a freebie or even a discount, both insisted on paying full price for the bikes and accessories. Both sales went through local dealers. All good!
Pleased to hear it.

The expenses scandal was just that, but I'm sure there are lots of MPs who are appropriately transparent in their dealings.

On a linked note, I once sold a new Renault car to a member of the Astor family.

They paid a deposit, but then decided they didn't want the car.

Their agent rang to say they would be paying for the car in full, but not collecting it.

We were to sell the car as nearly new, then refund them the difference, less our profit.

"My word is my bond" was about the strength of it.

All this was above my pay grade as a mere salesman, so I consulted the dealer principal.

She didn't like the idea of taking full payment from them and told me to suggest we keep the £300 deposit (10 per cent in those days) and call it quits.

It was the only time I spoke to Lord Astor, he rang to thank me for our understanding.