Evora 6.6 lithium Ion 36v battery

Terry Webb

Just Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Weymouth
Hi I just bought a evora ebike from Bicycles4you. Smart little bike and looks ok but I am a little worried about the battery and the claims as to range.,I know range is dependant on a lot of factors but is this battery good enough to get anywhere near the 40kms? They give the range 15-40 kms. It has a 250 motor.
Has anybody else here ever had one and what was it like?
Cheers

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Are you saying the battery is 6.6ah?

Some of the in-frame batteries on the generic Chinese folders are a bit bigger.

If it is 6,6ah, 20-odd miles seems about right in average conditions.

Might only be half that with a lot of climbing.

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I have an 8.8Ah 36v battery on my folder and have achieved 25 miles easily in a hilly area with quite a few long inclines. I weigh 52kg but when my 90kg husband used it on the same route, he only managed about 18 miles so there are lots of factors to consider.

If you are relatively lightweight and on a flattish route then I'd say 20 miles would be feasible.

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
I've ridden one of these when I had one on loan from Bicycles4u. I was impressed with the range, my commute is 26 miles round trip and it coped with it well though I do pedal quite hard.... the bike they fixed (twice) fared less well and ended up getting a refund as it spent more time in their workshop than with me.

John

Terry Webb

Just Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Weymouth
Thats good news...we wont be doing a lot of miles , just a few as we have a motorhome so its basically for popping to the local shop and maybe a few miles sightseeing. I dont think we would ever do more than 15 miles and we do intend to pedal a lot.just need a little help on the hills.
Thank you for the replys much appreciated.But if anybody else wants to contribute please do. Cheers

Terry Webb

Just Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Weymouth
Are you saying the battery is 6.6ah?

Some of the in-frame batteries on the generic Chinese folders are a bit bigger.

If it is 6,6ah, 20-odd miles seems about right in average conditions.

Might only be half that with a lot of climbing.
Yes it is a 6.6 ah which i know is a very small one.

D

Deleted member 4366

Expect about 20 miles unless you're very light and/or have no hills. A normally fit cyclist could get over 40 miles out of it. How far the battery will take you depends on how much help it gives you.