Giant Roam 2 Bafang HD 1000W Motor For 48v 15ah battery

theburtjnr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 10, 2015
Hello,

I am selling my self made Giant Roam 2. I have spent a lot of money on this. It has a Bafang 1000W HD motor and a 48v 15ah dt battery from Insat in London. I have Tektro dorado HD-E710 hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors (the ones with electric cut out built in). It has an upgraded 10 speed Shimano XT transmission. It has Schwalbe Energizer e-bike tyre. It has done less than 500 miles. I have used to commute to work but realise that it isn't really a substitute for a car with my shift work. I would like to get £1200 for this bike - I spent in the region of £2000 building it less than 6 months ago. All in great working order and always kept inside.
I am located near Cardiff in South Wales.

theburtjnr

Dec 10, 2015
I will try and find time to post photos tomorrow. It's £1200 not £2000. bike - £500, Bafang Kit with extras (chain ring, Brake sensors, gear sensor) £900. XT transmission - £100. Tektro Brakes £275. Tyres £50. Stand £25. - Near enough.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Being that you're commenting, I'll take it that you're interested then?
Not me, no. However, many try to sell bikes here, sight unseen, at any price.

I wish you well with the sale. But this is a performance ebike and I already have one of those. I know what they can do. Video is best for showing that off. If you have any?

Does it have a throttle?

Last edited:

theburtjnr

Dec 10, 2015
I'm very interested. Why are you selling?
I am selling as I work a pretty brutal shift pattern and my intention was to use this as a commuter. The problem I have is my start times and/ or my finish times mean I would be better off in a car. I feel a little vulnerable on the road at 2 o'clock in the morning on this as opposed to in a car. Especially as I have to travel through some really rough areas on the way home. I have to cut my losses. It is a brilliant bit of kit and it is a thrill to use but I can't justify it sitting in my house because once again I felt more comfortable taking the car! - and my wife wants a new carpet for the stairs!!

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: mxer and LeighPing

theburtjnr

Dec 10, 2015
Not me, no. However, many try to sell bikes here, sight unseen, at any price.

I wish you well with the sale. But this is a performance ebike and I already have one of those. I know what they can do. Video is best for showing that off. If you have any?

Does it have a throttle?
It does have a throttle and PAS

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

theburtjnr

Dec 10, 2015
I have the speed limited to 35mph but rarely reach this. I have quite a hilly commute and its handles the journey with ease. I tend to coast along at approx 25mph on the flat. All in all generally it takes me less time on this than any other mode of transport.
Range wise, obviously depends on what I am doing with it but with PAS on 3 out of 5 I can do 2.5 (11mile) trips to work and back on full throttle with no pedalling I can do a single trip to work and back.