Can you help with first Ebike choice

Sadie

Just Joined
Dec 10, 2016
Liverpool
I am looking to buy an electric bike to help me back to fitness after many years of ill health. I am 60, very unfit and haven't been on a bike since childhood so I want to start off with a very reasonably priced bike which is easy to use and repair/maintain.

I have been looking at the Greenedge CS2 step through £870 from Halfords or £800 direct from ebikesdirect but no face to face advice/assistance.
image.jpeg
The things I like are;
Throttle for times when I am not so good
Front and rear suspension with big seat for comfort
Ability to go off road so I can learn on park and cycle tracks
Looks like a normal bike.

What do you think about how I am making my choice, am I asking the right questions?

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Great choice for the price. Do it!

• Agree

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
It looks good to me and is now £779 at ebikesdirect (which also dispatches Halfords' orders). I bought my second bike from there and the service was excellent with the bike double-boxed and when I later had a technical query, they were able to provide knowledgable advice.

The range isn't the greatest at 25-35 miles but I don't recall too manysteep hills around Liverpool.

Go for it and enjoy!

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Um... what size are you? How far do you want to ride? Are you happy with a top-heavy bike (battery high on rack rather than behind the seat tube or between the wheels)? Have you ridden one to find out if you enjoy it - how the power cuts-in, the gears operate, how your arms feel when riding, or if there is any stress on wrists, etc etc.
I would strongly advise a test ride before parting with any money.

Sorry to sound like a party pooper, but it's a real chore to box a bike up and return it if you find it uncomfortable to ride, which you may do for so many reasons.
If you can find a local shop to try some bikes I'm sure you'd be better able to choose a bike you'll definitely enjoy and want to ride often.