eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
pic please gubbins never got one ? and loads on the german site with none as well.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
see wtf going on lol they in short supply or something ???

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
First visit to Hanmer Springs in south island. Incredible landscape with nice MTB tracks on edge of town. Tracks vary from Expert downhills to lovely flat windy paths through forests, which are ideal for young kids. Very pretty town centre, plus it has hot water spring baths (hence name) for after ride aches and pains.
For more adventurous there are some overnite back country rides to be had nearby.

IMG_20170109_122045.jpeg

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Day 2 at Hanmer. We rode lower part of St James trail. Weather was perfect, high 20s, blue skies and light winds. Started from Homestead and took left hand route up valley on cycle path to Jacks pass (7km), at top of pass it joins 4wd road before dropping into valley down short steep windy section. From valley floor to first hut is about 7km on rough 4wd track which is mainly flat except for many water crosses (expect wet feet). The scenery on this ride is amazing going down large alpine valley. After lunch and swim we rode back to top of Jacks pass and returned via 4wd road. This has one amazing downhill section (+40km/hr) with drainage humps every 100metres providing launch ramps for air time. If we did it again would have just done 15km loop (clockwise) to Jacks pass and not descend into valley.

Ride to Jacks pass.

Valley and lunch stop.

Looking back up downhill section on 4wd rd.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It hasn't been a bad week for getting out and riding. Two night rides, and an afternoon today spent carrying out more trail building along with a bit of riding.
One advantage to popping out after a little snow fall is that you get to see more animal trails, and today I spotted a real gem which actually took very little in the way of brashing, in order to add a further half a mile of down hill to the half a mile of trail that I formed the basics of last week.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
After a lock in at one of the local pubs last night, and the over indulgance of drink and cheese that followed, I figured that I had best get out in the pouring rain this morning for a detox!
Despite being pretty muddy in places, I still can't get enough of riding off road in the rain. The DZO tyres offer so much grip over slippery clay and wet tree roots, that the occasional let go from either end, is scarsly even noticed.
Despite being in private woodland, there was a suprising amount of dog walkers out about, and one of them posed the following question to me. "Where would you rather be. Stuck indoors doing nothing, or out here enjoying life?"

A no brainer for me, as I'll always choose being outside.

The best bit of riding in these conditions, is the lack of effort that it takes to clean the bike afterwards. :) The clothing is sadly a different story though!

Last edited:

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Well no pics and can hardly move due to bruising. Went for a ride with friend this morning in Kent, UK and within 4 miles we both hit black ice downhill and slid some 40 yards before stopping in the middle of the road in a heap. Lots of bruising / cuts, but could have been killed if a car had been coming in other direction.
Damaged / broke, grips, hanger, derailleur, pedal and coat in bin (210GBP parts bill). Feeling a bit sorry for myself as had full service on bike Friday.

Finally, and as a side line i bought a proviz 360 refective jacket and within 2 weeks its in the bin. Its lovely and great quality, but so fragile as material clicked on a bramble and ripped arm (repaired with tear aid) then another tear and now the accident this morning finished it off.

Be careful out there!!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I came a cropper on black ice last night on the way home from work, it formed quite early last night well before 10. No bike damage but can't move 3 fingers very well on my left hand meaning no rear brake action at the mo.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Well no pics and can hardly move due to bruising. Went for a ride with friend this morning in Kent, UK and within 4 miles we both hit black ice downhill and slid some 40 yards before stopping in the middle of the road in a heap. Lots of bruising / cuts, but could have been killed if a car had been coming in other direction.
Damaged / broke, grips, hanger, derailleur, pedal and coat in bin (210GBP parts bill). Feeling a bit sorry for myself as had full service on bike Friday.

Finally, and as a side line i bought a proviz 360 refective jacket and within 2 weeks its in the bin. Its lovely and great quality, but so fragile as material clicked on a bramble and ripped arm (repaired with tear aid) then another tear and now the accident this morning finished it off.

Be careful out there!!
Sorry to hear that. And a timely reminder to a novice like myself

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Well. I just had my first fall. Well. Slip really. I was walking the bike down a steep path and slipped on some ice Lol.

I did my first proper offroad ride. I worked out that I could get from my house to open ground and footpaths and use those to get around rather than roads. Pretty desolate at this time of year. I had to lift over a couple of styles. And walk up a couple of embankments. I got hot. Ties my jacket round my waist. And then that got caught in the wheel. Luckily not badly.

I admit.i got a bit anxious at that point. I didn't fancy being stranded there. I'm a but out of my comfort zone. But I'm.exploring a learning. _20170118_141915.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I gave up on a lot of FP's that have stiles as generally they are a pain in the backside.

Related Articles

Advertisers